Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.8

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First was a phone interview with manager who asked alot of interpersonal questions and got to know me as a person.
    Second was one on one with manager and team lead. TL was very technical and balanced out the interview.

Channels Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Several meetings,all very shallow. Everyone is willing to look, but few are committing to new hires. Economy here is very weak, but will improve. everyone is buiiding
     their rosters for that.

Interview Questions

• How did you move the ball forward with channel partners.   1 Answer

GDOM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Meet with several people, first interview was over the phone, the 2nd interview was with a panel and the 3rd interview with the hiring manager. The overall process took some time. I was originally presented from an agency that I applied for the position. The agency represented me as they had a direct point of contact onsite.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, did probe on experience and qualifications   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was transfer from another company. Hewlett-Packard Canada acquire the company I used to work for so I came on board with no interview. from that I stayed with Hewlett-Packard Canada

Customer Service Interview

Interview

The interview process started well. However, as the process moved forward, the Committee was rather cold, overly formal for the position being applied for, and acted slightly haughty. I found the process was like a bad rip-off of something from The Apprentince, and no one interviewing me really understood the questions they were asking me. They also essentially asked me the same question in 5 different ways. Overall the Committee seemed disinterested, unpersonable, and amateur.

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview from HR approximately 15min
    This was mainly the first screening to see if I have the social skills for the next process.
    Next step was that she would forward my resume to the HP location closest to me and I would go through another series of phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Asked for my most recent GPA. What is your expected salary range?   Answer Question

Escalation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my profile via online for initial screening. A followup email and phone call to grab further info from me. After waiting for a while, they provided an email response saying that I am not qualified.

Interview Questions

• Do I have similar working experience regarding the job applied   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

It was thru recruitment agency. The interview was arranged in a week and in 3-4 days, I got the offer letter. It was pretty fast process. It was just a panel interview and in my case there were 4 panel members. 1st I was lil scared, but the panel members were good. It was smooth for me.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly general and behavioral types. Like, whats your strength and weaknesses. How you work under pressure? Without much help from others, how can you troubleshoot a problem when you don't know much about the application?   Answer Question

Dse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was arranged through a staffing agency on one day then the next day we did the interview. It all happened very fast and I wasn't quite sure what I would be doing in my role but it worked out in the end.

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation. Take the offer or not.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

They called me at a random time for the first interview, when that went well, a second phone interview was scheduled. 2 rounds of phone interviews took place before the face to face one.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions so be prepared to have specific situations in your mind instead of wasting interview time thinking about them. Have you ever went above your clients expectations? Tell me about a difficult situation how did you resolve it?   Answer Question