Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in China | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in China

Updated Oct 27, 2016

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Just FAQ, it is easy question, you background information, responsibily, sales activities, revenue, quota, sales record, achivement, salary, notice time, something like that. two round in person interview and after two weeks, I received offer

Test Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2013.

Interview

1. personal interview with local hr.
    1. phone interview with test manager Germany.
    2. phone interview with test manager US.
    3.tech interview with local test manager China.
    4.HR interveiw with local HR manager China.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in July 2012.

Interview

The process will be HR firstly to know about you and for basic ground check, then your direct manager, his team and other related people will interview you. The process will be HR-> direct manager - > other related people the direct manager assigned to do the interview. I also agree with this flow for the related people should know if he can communicate with you and if he agrees that you belongs to their team.

Interview Questions

• They will ask several general questions to know your technical and soft skills, as well as your capacity to fit the position you applied for. They cared about the experiences and your soft skills. No detailed technical questions have been asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in February 2012.

Interview

Got a phone call about my background for screening. Went onsite for a half hour interview the next week. Asked about my research projects in the Masters years. Asked to make a presentation to the two interviewers about one of my research papers. Also tested with coding questions and algorithms. The interviewers are nice and the whole process is smooth.

Interview Questions

• How many combinations of steps you can take to walk down a 100-step staircases, if you are only allowed to walk 1 or 2 stairs each step?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview questions are a bit difficult which mainly focus on algorithms.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is ur career path?
      2. Shuffle cards algorithm.
      3. Problems in data structure.
      4. SQL
      Answer Question

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2011.

Interview

The screening interview is conducted by an AA to determine if I have the qualifications needed to do the job for which HP is hiring,
    The phone interviews is also conducted by an HR to make sure I am really got the qualification on papers.
    The first tech interview is following which tech leader asked many many fundamental tech questions.
    The second tech interview is also conducted by another tech leader.
    The final interview is with my manager mainly about the benefits and salary.

IO Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalian, Liaoning (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dalian, Liaoning (China)) in August 2011.

Interview

6 rounds of interview, including first round screening, technical skill, business sense, language skill, management interview, etc.

Interview Questions

• say sth, you want to share with me, anything, just free to chat.   1 Answer

Negotiation

most about salary, it's not easy to get a proper salary from it.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in July 2011.

Interview

Quite relaxing. asked about why you like to work in this company. also asked what is your career goal or career plan. what you expect yourself be in 10 years. Talked about previous projects and internships. it's a one to one interview on site. Office is quite good and the environment is relaxing.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in May 2011.

Interview

there are only two rounds interviews, a phone interview and a one-to-one interview. during the phone interview, there are questions about my background and experience. during the one-to-one interview, I was asked a couple of technical questions about system design and network.

Interview Questions

• what was the most difficult situation you met during the undergraduate study?   Answer Question

Client Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked in HP then. After his referral, I got an email from HP informing the interview date, time, and venue. Then I came to the company, HR met me with several questions, such as why I want to leave my current company, why I choose HP, and what I would plan my career if I joined HP. After the first interview, I got another 2, meeting my line manager and the director. Finally I got the job.

Interview Questions

• The director asked me how would you sale HP software if you're not familiar with? And I have to do the interview with English.   Answer Question