Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Colorado | Glassdoor

2.8

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Regional Deployment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

I had been working for the company on a contract basis and was referred to a FTE position by an employee. I reached out to the hiring manager and went through a face-to-face interview. Then over the next three weeks, I met with four additional individual interviews (face-to-face and phone) with other influencers selected by the hiring manager. Received offer within three weeks of first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you solved a complex problem at a previous job.   Answer Question

Systems/Software Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavior driven interview. Screening interview was about asking questions on how well I knew the technologies. Manager explained about the working of the team and the products that they are working on. Asked about past experience on different technologies. Asked about some basic data structures and its working.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was a simple lunch meeting with the team. No hard technical questions were asked. The team asked about previous projects at school and how I would handle team based projects.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call back within a few days about a phone interview. I had the interview and got an email within a few days about a face to face interview. I was in front of a panel of managers hiring for multiple jobs. I heard back with the week about the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situation questions. Explain a time when you were challenged..ect.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Broomfield, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Four managers taking turns, all sitting in the same, closed, brick room; I provided them a portfolio of my accomplishments and capabilities. Good interview, however, they decided they want and Engineer for this Product Marketing role. I do know three product managers were also picked for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about laying out a strategic marketing plan?   1 Answer

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from an HR recruiter 24 hours later. After the initial phone screen with the recruiter, the hiring manager called for his own phone screen.

I was invited to come in for an on-site interview a week later. On-site interview consisted of two parts: technical evaluation with the technical lead and a panel interview with the hiring manager and a developer on the team.

After the on-site interview, the hiring manager contacted me within 24 hours to have schedule a phone interview with a different developer on the team. The interview took place a week later, was technical, C++ specific, and lasted approximately 45 minutes.

After this final phone interview, I wrote the hiring manager to thank everyone on the team for their engagement in my interview process. The hiring manager assured me he would be making a decision soon and would let me know whether or not I was the accepted candidate.

Three months later and I never heard back from the manager. After five separate points of contact, for a total of around five hours of interviewing, I think it was incredibly unprofessional to not even be notified that the hiring manager went with a different applicant.

After all that I had read about HP online, I was enthusiastic and excited at the prospect of working for the company, thinking of HP as a first-choice for my employment. Now, I would begrudgingly--if at all--work for a company that values the time of its applicants (as well, apparently, as its employees) so little.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm for a factorial: first, recursively. After the recursive algorithm, write an iterative algorithm.   1 Answer
    • What steps would you take to test a vending machine?   Answer Question

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen and in-person follow up with multiple interviewers. General concepts discussion as skills related to the position. Detailed technical questions depending upon background and expertise. Response and offer received quickly.

Interview Questions

• Initial phone screen and in-person follow up with multiple interviewers. General concepts discussion as skills related to the position. Detailed technical questions depending upon background and expertise.   Answer Question

Motherboard Component Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

Very straightforward, I was contacted by someone from the team, there was a 1-hour phone interview, followed by an onsite interview with 5 1-on1 interview, plus team lunch, and a tour of the facility, and an explanation of what type of projects they're working on.
    The people there were very friendly, and very kind. Everything was arranged before hand.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical hardware questions, including the basics of CMOS circuits, opamps, RLC circuit behaviors,
      Digital design questions, adhoc problem solving/debugging questions, state machines, telegrapher's equation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then asked to come in for on site interview...phone interview asked what inheritance was, the manager was nice, he said that he had worked for the company for a long time in new jersey...he did not seem to be very computer knowledgeable he was the product manager..

Interview Questions

• they showed me a java script and then had me decipher it   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was ok

Entry Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Aurora, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was about an hour long with basic IT questions and customer services questions. They explain to you what you will be doing and explain to that there is a long training process.