Hewlett-Packard Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Vancouver, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone screening with multiple interviews spanning a whole business day. The phone screening looked for basic knowledge and experience. I was innitially applying for an engineering support position, which led to an on-site interview in San Diego, CA but after that interview they wanted me for a different embedded firmware engineer position in Vancouver, WA. I interviewed in Vancouver (similar format, all-day multiple 1:1 interviews to check my knowledge and skills) and was offered a position there, which I took (best job EVER!)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever disobeyed management and why?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Straight forward. Offered a salary and benefits package and could either accept or reject. I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heredia (Costa Rica)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Heredia (Costa Rica)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was 3 hours long with three different engineers and the manager. The first part evaluated concepts related to general programming concepts and object oriented programming. Then, some programming exercises had to be resolved. The last technical interview was related to operating systems. Finally, the interview with the manager was mostly about soft-skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an object, a class and an instance?   Answer Question