Hewlett-Packard Emerging Markets Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Emerging Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The position basically entails analyzing data and arket trends to come up with what emerging markets (and by this they mean both geographically and product-wise) they should enter.

Made it through two rounds, both of which were phone interviews. No offer for in person round. Their process is really slow with about 2 1/2 weeks between each round. Final email letting me know I didnt get it was at least nice because they referenced a project I had talked about in an interview, showing they care.
Format is behavioral + brainteaser/case-like questions

First round: a few behavior questions then some "fun" questions:
    • How many HP laptops can you fit on a Boeing 747?
    • Gave a few numbers and asked to calculate percentage increase
    • An example of a presentation you made where you analyzed/interpreted and translated large sets of data into very key, simple, and understandable strategic insights?

Second round:
    • What do you know about HP?
    • What do you know about the PPS division?
    • Why do you want to work for HP?
    • Say that you get a new project. What do you do in the first two weeks, as a new analyst, to start this project?
    • Another case-type example of calculating percentage increase for both HP revenue figures and Market Revenue figures. Gave 3 countries revenues for two years in both the market and just for HP. Then asked what percentage market share does HP have based on those figures and based on that, where would you choose to expand first, second, and third? Why?
    • Tell me a time when you worked in a team, had a disagreement, and how did you handle it?
    • Do you have an international experience other than what's listed on your resume?

Interview Questions