Hewlett-Packard Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I attended an info session at my university and interviewed for one of the speakers at my university's career center. For me, the interview was about 30% behavioral and 70% technical. My interviewer told me he would forward my responses and resume within the company and anyone who is interested will contact me. I received a phone call from someone in Corvallis and had another phone screen. I received an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why does a soap bubble pop?   1 Answer
  • How would you increase the lifetime of said bubble?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Corvallis, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Lots of difficult technical questions that required detailed answers. The process took about 2 to 3 weeks and most of the interviews over the phone took about one hour or so.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

It was only a single 1 hour interview that took place in an adjacent room to the main lobby. This was an excellent no-BS interview that included questions of reasoning power, base applicable knowledge, and general resume questions. This interview was difficult but all of the questions seemed reasonable. I look forward to a long career at HP.

Interview Questions

• How many cows are there in Canada?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick and easy.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2013.

Interview

Had an interview through the career fair. Met with two representatives from Hewlett Packard. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Rio Rancho, NM) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview took only an hour. Basically skill and behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screening then a face to face interview with 5 people on site

Interview Questions

• Salary requirements as well as current salary   Answer Question
    • work experience by time month by month (or at least quarterly)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Look at the written offer, before saying anything. Document your response.

Anonymous Employee in Aguadilla, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Aguadilla, PR) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional and gives you the opportunity to expose yourself as a professional.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Vancouver, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by the hiring manager by phone, and then a formal phone interview was set up. The formal phone interview was technical, and it lasted about 1 hour. An on-site interview was scheduled about 1 week later.
    The on-site interview lasted about 7 hours. Questions were technical.
    I was asked if I was a US citizen, which was referred as an illegal interview question by some websites. Combining with other questions asked during the interview, I felt like there was something subtle at HP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Roseville, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

All communication took place through recruiter, except for interviews. It seemed like the company relied heavily on the recruiter making the initial checks. They seemed eager to hire.

Interview Questions

• Describe your weakest point   1 Answer

The position did not seem to have enough management support. It looked like it would be a daily battle against co-workers, didn't see much chance for success or growth.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in January 2010.

Interview

Great company who sought me out to hire.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a more experienced person programed in a horrible way and you had to work with them?   Answer Question