Hewlett-Packard Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Engineering Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

phone screen, individual phone conversation with hiring mgr, group interview, then interview with HR. phone call with offer, and mail.

Interview Questions

• how did you handle a disagreement with mgr or project team   1 Answer

wasn't a good fit with what I was looking for

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sacramento, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Phone interview which was reasonably technical. Onsite interview consisted of 4 1:1 interviews including lunch and a meeting with the hiring manager. Overall very professional. They were looking for a good balance of hands on experience and general acumen to see a project through.

Got a better offer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Good environment and not too stressful. Interviewer was friendly and tried to make me comfortable. Interview duration was long and had to wait long time for my turn.
    There were 4 rounds of interview and i had to give a written and communication test to check my language skills.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

1. Will have two interview
    2. Question mainly in past experiences and engineer knowledge to the jobs apply
    3. Take about one hour for each interview

Interview Questions

• What is your expectation for this job and what you can contribute   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2012.

Interview

1. Phone call from HR to gather basic details (education, working experience) before arranging group interview with Managers.
    2. Met Managers for panel interview for 1 hours. Every questions is related to the working experience, knowledge on engineering / technical aspect, personality trait and life habit.
    3. Whole process took two weeks.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2011.

Interview

Great and wondering interview, although it is started with one person. Then following by second interview involving more than one person in the group interview. It starts with not so relax. However, after the interviewers relax the environment, the interview seems very smooth and enjoying ...

Interview Questions

• What did you do in the past employments.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

They send a mail across if they find your resume matching a job profile, You can either have a telephonic or a face to face interview depending on your requirements.
    The HR round is the final round where the annual compensation, salary and benefits are discussed. The interviewers are friendly, straightforward and also stern at the same time

Negotiation

The salary is the main parameter and it is advisable that if you are looking for a good salary, explore other opportunities

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

Interview

My last interview lasted about 1 1/2 hours.Then I had to fill out all of the employment info, present a business plan, and take one hour telling about my skills with the hiring. The questions were about my changing of the companay, and experience that i adquire them.

Interview Questions

• Could you talk about your experience that you had with business case that you have done.   Answer Question
    • If you work in a big company, with benefits, Why do you want to leave the company   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview is a too long process and takes many days. Also response from employer takes time.

Interview Questions

• Will a system works without a hard drive? will system works without memory?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was good. HR was very friendly.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2010.

Interview

The company first contacted me, and the planning for the interview was excellent. The interviewer in the end realized my work authorization status isn't permanent, which is mainly why I didn't get the offer.