Hewlett-Packard Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Financial Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

After I applied through the website I was contacted to schedule an interview. The interview was over the phone and questions were asked just like a normal interview face to face. Additionally the role was described in a bit more detail letting me the team is not all based in Houston and I would be working with Microsoft. Questions consisted of normal interview questions such as what are my greatest attributes, what are my weaknesses, do I work better flexible or on a routine.

Interview Questions

• What is my previous experience with working with web based data centers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX).

Interview

HP really took the time to meet with me. In total there were four members of the EG team involved and an acting director. While there were technical questions, I believe HP cares more about fit than any specific technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offer was given as "non-negotiable"

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID).

Interview

Interview process consisted if six separate interviews - with mix of managers and individual contributors. All did a great job of describing the team environment and aspects if the job. Questions were focused on prior experience at my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where I had to compromise for the better good of a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

They came to my campus, and there was an initial screening interview of 30 minutes with a senior-level employee. I got offered a second round on the spot at the interview, and the second round took place about a week later at the campus. The second round was an all-day event that involved four separate 45 minute interviews with senior level employees. Got the offer call 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Here's a list of transactions on the white board: make a balance sheet and income statement?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

General behavior questions; people are friendly and professional; a good learning process; try to learn about the company culture beforehand, and large product portfolio. have a point of view on how you would like to contribute in a long run.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Provo, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

one 45 minute interview, it was a one on one interview with a director level employee. very conversational and not too difficult. Very kind interviewer and not intimidating. My interviewer was the same one who reached out to extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume
      explain financial statements
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

This was the behavioral interview. It was only 15 questions long and delt with your past experience and how you handled certain situations. It wasnt hard at all. It took about 45 minutes

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

This is the typical MBA hire process:
    1) on Campus: Alumni employee will present and collect resumes
    2) Candidates shortlisted for 1st round on campus interview, usually one 45 min 1 on 1 interview with general IQ questions, technical area questions and behavioral questions
    3) Invited to company headquarter for more interviews. This is a 1 to 1.5 day process, including open house to mingle and interact with some senior leaders, 3 30-min 1 on 1 interviews of similar style and a brief tour.
    4) Decision made.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected: How many telephone poles are there from here to San Francisco?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and quick phone screen on qualifications and salary requirements. Was then set up for face to face with two managers. Questions mostly behavior and the usual tell me about you background, why hp etc. Very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled customer complaint?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

You start off with a typical phone screen where you answer basic behavioral questions. From there, you may have another 1-2 phone screens before heading to in-person interviews. For me, the in-person interviews occurred at hiring conference. I went through a couple of in-person interviews before eventually making it to an all-day onsite interview process. Just make sure you have all your typical behavioral answers down and be ready to talk about financial experience that you may have.

Interview Questions

• Why HP? Why finance? What kind of products do you like?   Answer Question