Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Fort Collins, CO | Glassdoor

2.8

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Regional Deployment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

I had been working for the company on a contract basis and was referred to a FTE position by an employee. I reached out to the hiring manager and went through a face-to-face interview. Then over the next three weeks, I met with four additional individual interviews (face-to-face and phone) with other influencers selected by the hiring manager. Received offer within three weeks of first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you solved a complex problem at a previous job.   Answer Question

Systems/Software Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavior driven interview. Screening interview was about asking questions on how well I knew the technologies. Manager explained about the working of the team and the products that they are working on. Asked about past experience on different technologies. Asked about some basic data structures and its working.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was a simple lunch meeting with the team. No hard technical questions were asked. The team asked about previous projects at school and how I would handle team based projects.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call back within a few days about a phone interview. I had the interview and got an email within a few days about a face to face interview. I was in front of a panel of managers hiring for multiple jobs. I heard back with the week about the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situation questions. Explain a time when you were challenged..ect.   1 Answer

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from an HR recruiter 24 hours later. After the initial phone screen with the recruiter, the hiring manager called for his own phone screen.

I was invited to come in for an on-site interview a week later. On-site interview consisted of two parts: technical evaluation with the technical lead and a panel interview with the hiring manager and a developer on the team.

After the on-site interview, the hiring manager contacted me within 24 hours to have schedule a phone interview with a different developer on the team. The interview took place a week later, was technical, C++ specific, and lasted approximately 45 minutes.

After this final phone interview, I wrote the hiring manager to thank everyone on the team for their engagement in my interview process. The hiring manager assured me he would be making a decision soon and would let me know whether or not I was the accepted candidate.

Three months later and I never heard back from the manager. After five separate points of contact, for a total of around five hours of interviewing, I think it was incredibly unprofessional to not even be notified that the hiring manager went with a different applicant.

After all that I had read about HP online, I was enthusiastic and excited at the prospect of working for the company, thinking of HP as a first-choice for my employment. Now, I would begrudgingly--if at all--work for a company that values the time of its applicants (as well, apparently, as its employees) so little.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm for a factorial: first, recursively. After the recursive algorithm, write an iterative algorithm.   1 Answer
    • What steps would you take to test a vending machine?   Answer Question

Motherboard Component Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

Very straightforward, I was contacted by someone from the team, there was a 1-hour phone interview, followed by an onsite interview with 5 1-on1 interview, plus team lunch, and a tour of the facility, and an explanation of what type of projects they're working on.
    The people there were very friendly, and very kind. Everything was arranged before hand.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical hardware questions, including the basics of CMOS circuits, opamps, RLC circuit behaviors,
      Digital design questions, adhoc problem solving/debugging questions, state machines, telegrapher's equation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then asked to come in for on site interview...phone interview asked what inheritance was, the manager was nice, he said that he had worked for the company for a long time in new jersey...he did not seem to be very computer knowledgeable he was the product manager..

Interview Questions

• they showed me a java script and then had me decipher it   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was ok

QA Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the hiring manager, who decided to set me up an interview. All I did was speak to the hiring manager, then speak to 2 engineers in the on-site interview. These were 1:1 interviews. They described the work I would be doing, and what they did on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Asked about resume type stuff -- no tricky or difficult interview questions.   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews with different engineers. Mostly technical questions but also some behavioral questions were thrown in the mix. They bring you on campus if you live nearby or offer you the option to do a phone interview if you live too far away from the campus you are applying to. If you go into campus, expect the interviews to take half a day and they will buy lunch for you. Got a phone call with an offer about three weeks after the interview. Accepted the offer and worked for them for less than a year before moving to another company.

Interview Questions

• Cache hierarchy, coding questions, computer architecture, transistor operation, circuits, diodes.   Answer Question

Americas Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

4 different interviews with 3 different people. Overall process exceeded 90 days.

Interview Questions

• What career steps have best prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Offer was very fair for job requirements.