Hewlett-Packard Graduate Program Position Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Graduate Program Position Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR rep (I suppose he sits in one of HP's operations centers in Eastern Europe) almost half year after I submitted my application and was nearly sure it got rejected. He asked a couple of background questions, motivation for working in the company, ome general company fact knowledge questions.
I got notification that i was invited to the next round straight away and was called to the local office to meet with my future direct manager.
During that round I was asked to simulate some behaviour patterns during a client-faced situation, was asked about possible switching to another company if it offered higher salaries, got some resume inquiries.
I called back a week after to inquire about the outcome and was welcomed to start in about 2 weeks if I was still interested and wiling to accept an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the salary proposed and the benefits scheme (no previous industry experience).

An advice what to consider while accepting the offer: ask in detaail about the responsibilities you'll have to handle on a daily basic and make sure you're ready to wilingly accept those rather just to force dealing with them cause of good salary/resum line.