Hewlett-Packard Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online for this position. I was called and went through two phone interviews prior to being contacted by an HP HR person to schedule a face-to-face interview. At that time, I did not realize the interview would be conducted at a "Career" day at the local university. I accepted and attended the interview; however, it was a very unstructured event. The two nice gentlemen who interviewed me had no idea what position I had applied for or had been scheduled to interview for a specific position. They were very thorough on general topics and very willing to share information and experiences about HP and the employment process.

Interview Questions

• Asked general personality/skills questions. Nothing specific.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Roseville, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Questions on resume.
    Can you explain me your project?
    What's inside computer? Questions on PCI, Signal Integrity.
    BIOS questions.
    Diff between BJT and FET.
    Questions on PCB design

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Roseville, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online through the website and got a call back within 1-2 weeks. After the initial screening, I was set up with a technical interview that was around 45 minutes long. There was a lot of questions regarding my past projects as well as material I learned in my coursework. Although the position was entry level, it felt like the constant barrage of questions required a more seasoned engineer or at least someone with some internship experience. Everything on your resume is fair game, so make sure you know the ins and outs of each thing you put on there. The interviewer will dig like there's no tomorrow...

Interview Questions

• What is the chipset of the motherboard in your computer that you're using?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was for an entry level new graduate position in digital hardware design. Previous to the interview I had been told there would be a technical evaluation and I should have a pen and paper.

The first 30 minutes were a basic personality test and the last hour and a half was technical. I was asked 5 technical questions, 3 regarding digital design (designing a flip flop, microprocessor architecture, etc) and 2 with analog design (op amp assumptions, op amp transfer functions, RC transfer functions).

Having interviewed at other places with 'technical' interviews I was not quite ready for this one. Review and make clear the fundamentals that you learned freshman/sophomore year and you'll do fine. Sad I didn't prepare properly :(