Hewlett-Packard IT Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard IT Project Manager Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Hiring Process is always slow in this company so stay patient. Interviews and feedback are somewhat slow as well. Some will ask more technical skill based questions and others will be based more on the soft skills. Come prepared for both and know your content.

Interview Questions

• There were no specific questions just more information about yourself and your previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, negotiate they have the flexibility.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2013.

Interview

The Hiring process involved going thru' the client's preferred vendor. The vendor arranged the telephonic interview with the hiring manager. The interview was about an hour long with questions related to my background and to IT project management. Overall the hiring process was quick.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle projects with newer, upcoming technologies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

There was a phone screening held by three hiring managers. The manager for the job for which I was interviewing didn't call me back, but another one of the managers did. She called me in for a face to face interview with herself and one team member. Overall it was a pretty short process and I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard, covering past experience with some competency based questions. All in all it was a pretty easy interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating on salary. It was a take it or leave it offer with three days to respond.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone and onsite - I was recruited from a Master's Program. I found HP college recruiters to be very professional and quick turn around time from interview to offer. I started out as a Business Systems Analyst then got into Project Management.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you'd use SCRUM (Agile Methodology).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Spoke to recruiter, then panel interview Minimum technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None took place

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Tulsa, OK) in April 2010.

Interview

This was an internal interview for a position that I already had qualified for and had been identified as the probable candidate. An internal job requisition was posted, I submitted and on-line application with attached resume. I was then contacted by a recruiter. A 15 minute phone interview was done a day later. I had already been selected for the position, this interview was more of a formality. However, I was asked "How well you work with dispersed teams and get them to work together?" "What HP work ethic is most important to you and what have you done to uphold or demonstrate your support of this ethic?" This last one stumped me a little because I didn't know of any "list" of work ethics that HP had. I said that personal integrity was most important and tried to be upfront, honest and forthcoming in my dealings with colleagues and clients.

Interview Questions

• What HP work ethic is most important to you and how have you demonstrated this work ethic?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. This was more of an internal, lateral transfer.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2015.

Interview

I send CV through teleo, their online reqruitment service. I was already working as an contractor in HP Poland, only proffesionals, , nice atmosphere, clear division, high standrads, great place to work.
    Than I got phone, lady made an appointment with me for phone interview for monaday 9.30, no e-mail with confirmation. The lady didn't called that day, so I rang her back, no answere, I left massage on answering machine. I got e-mail few days later about 3 days illness and get new appointment for next day 9.30. As u probably guessed there was no phone call. Got another strange excuse and finally in third term we talked. But all that made me nervous and a bit unlike to talk.
    Recruitment section really lack of HP standards, like it were a completely different company.

Interview Questions

• Why Hp?
      Why now?
      Whats ur project management experience?
      3 pros and cons?
      So nothing fancy.
      Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was conducted via Tele conference call. The session went very well and discussed about both technical and project management experiences.

This includes the sharing of the past difficult projects and how it was managed and conquered.

Interview Questions

• The questions were asked - time, cost and resource management.   Answer Question

The offered salary cannot match my requested salary.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2012.

Interview

Virtual and face to face interviews, first filter is an other Project Manager, next filter one or two managers and finally Human Resources could send you an offer. The process are quickly if they want.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have establish the salary

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Hiring is smooth, fast and

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions which i was unaware of, but did not face too difficulty to handle as was honest enough to state the same.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negaotiate as had to start immediately.