Hewlett-Packard Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, four face to face interviews with four different groups in Plano. A total of three HR managers, one east coast, two west coast were also involved in setting up the meetings. I don't think they actually had that many jobs to fill, so they were screening many, many candidates for just a few openings. Also, I think the pay package was extremely low, which is why they passed on many candidates because other than new college grads no one would accept their package so why bother to extend an offer? The whole experience comes across as very disorganized. They are wasting the time of a lot of people including their own people.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background in sales at your former companies?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a staffing agency in Houston. They said HP Enterprises (software) was specifically looking outside of Dallas for new talent to start an Inside Sales team. I live in Houston, but was told the base+commission was extremely desirable, and they pay to relocate. My first phone interview was with a West coast territory Sales Manager, and that went great. Shortly after, I got a call from HR for HP in Houston and had a phone interview with them as well. I received an email stating that management thought I would be a great fit, and they wanted me to come to Plano in less than 2 days for an in face interview with the Inside Sales Managers. It is a 5 hour drive, and I am still working full time. I was told by the staffing agency everything would be via Skype. That's where everything went wrong. It took almost 2 weeks to reschedule a Skype, and it was with 2 random managers that they were able to coordinate. They had no idea that I had already spoke with the West coast manager, or HR...they didn't even know I was asked to come to Plano. They also thought they were interviewing me for management the entire conversation, when I was applying for the Inside Sales position. After all that, the staffing agency tells me they decided to "pass". Like it wasn't a big deal, like I hadn't been preparing to uproot my family and move for this opportunity. The position was put on hold, they have some serious organizational issues to deal with before hiring again. So incredibly disappointing.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2016.

Interview

Very easy and quick took about two weeks to receive an offer. Interviewer was very nice and followed up throughout the entire process. Would definitely recommend to a friend. No face to face contact, all done over the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Got connected with a campus recruiter at a career fair, someone form HR followed up within a week. The process was straightforward; made it to the second round of interviews and decided that large corporation life wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• What are the different components of a computer?

What is your sales process?
      Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2015.

Interview

I was connected to a supervisor from a mutual contact and was emailed to set up a phone conversation. I originally thought this was a preliminary conversation that would lead to an interview but it was an hour long phone screen with interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What does the sales process look like?
      What is a server?
      What do you consider two traits that are important for a sales person to have?
      How have you displayed these in the past?
      Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

It was one-hour long phone call, for the first time I was asked about company's CEO and founding year. I was also asked to define cloud, server, and visualization. Additionally, there were typical questions about my strengths and a role play as if I was actual inside sales rep (I could choose a product).

Interview Questions

• define cloud, server, and visualization, CEO and founding year, what are your strengths, why HP, do you want to relocate, what do you know about location, how did you prepare to this phone call   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2015.

Interview

HR called to schedule an interview with the district manager. The atmosphere was very positive, the interview questions were easy, but I think it's because they needed someone right away. He asked about salary and when I could start. I heard back three days later, an interview was scheduled with the field sales rep I'd be working with. Our personalities meshed, she still had to do two more interviews, but because we I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What motivates you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Rio Rancho, NM) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied during on campus recruiting, got phone call scheduling interview withing 3 weeks. Interview went great, answered all questions and the group that interviewed me seemed very interested. They told me they will get back to me within next week but did not hear anything from them.

Anonymous Employee in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Rio Rancho, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone 'screening' then in person interview with 5-6 person team. Very nice, personable phone interview. Everyone was very kind, not stuffy. Easy to talk to, and explain myself.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview about a half hour. First received and email from a recruiting coordinator. After that we had a few conversations over the phone before a real phone interview that shortly followed. Very easy to talk to and asked good questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales background and why that qualifies you for this position.   Answer Question