Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

phone interview. Introduced themselves. The position is for digital design of printer system. I didn't really fit the position, so I didn't speak much and even asked irrelevant questions during the interview. The interviewer seems disappointed and the interview ends up embarrassing. I was my first phone interview.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

they never called back to let me know whether or not i got the job but obviously didnt and i even called and emailed the HR person for a follow up and i am still waiting,,,

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruitment firm Experis from ManpowerGroup after sending in my resume and cover letter. The experience was subpar and unprofessional. The recruiter took my resume and butchered it into an unreadable mess with broken sentences and paragraphs, and then asked me if the information in it was correct. Then I was asked if I would be interested in the position if the salary was 10k less than I was previously told it was. I politely declined.

The experience does not leave me with a desire to apply for another position at HPE.

Material Analyst Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Corvallis, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

I have been interviewed for materials analyst engineer position with HP at Corvallis, OR. The whole interview process is Extremely Intimidating and very tiresome process.
    12-15 people has interviewed me and they expect to solve the scientific problems within a couple of minutes. I think 2 - 4 interviewers who have just bachelor degree asked me some stupidity questions on corrosion of circuit boards, infant they do not have complete knowledge of corrosion. They asked me about the mechanism of inkjet, laser jet and 3d printing. Based on your resume and background they come up with some standard questions to test your analytical and technical skills. During the interview I strongly felt that i was taking the materials science exam. They asked questions from their notes and they don't give enough time to think. Overall i did not enjoy the whole interview process and i don't recommend.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about binary phase diagram (Lever Rule) ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Through University of Texas website then offered a first interview. I met with a career recruiter at a campus event for MPA (masters accounting) students and took interest in the company. They seemed interested because I study statistical modeling as well as accounting.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part of the audit cycle?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, four face to face interviews with four different groups in Plano. A total of three HR managers, one east coast, two west coast were also involved in setting up the meetings. I don't think they actually had that many jobs to fill, so they were screening many, many candidates for just a few openings. Also, I think the pay package was extremely low, which is why they passed on many candidates because other than new college grads no one would accept their package so why bother to extend an offer? The whole experience comes across as very disorganized. They are wasting the time of a lot of people including their own people.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background in sales at your former companies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and received an email from a recruiter a week later. He called me and briefly talked about the position and asked me about school. Within a week I setup an interview with 3 different 1:1 interviewers. It was very relaxed, they asked behavior questions, questions regarding past work experience, and a few technical questions.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Corvallis, OR).

Interview

5 separate 1:1 interviews with engineers and managers. I applied for an internal promotional engineering job in wafer fab area. Each interview lasted 40 - 50 minutes and was not stressful, they wanted to see problem solving approach. You are allowed to ask questions and have scratch paper and pencil if you want to use them.

Interview Questions

• Describe how an Inkjet print head works. You can go into as much or as little detail as you wish.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a staffing agency in Houston. They said HP Enterprises (software) was specifically looking outside of Dallas for new talent to start an Inside Sales team. I live in Houston, but was told the base+commission was extremely desirable, and they pay to relocate. My first phone interview was with a West coast territory Sales Manager, and that went great. Shortly after, I got a call from HR for HP in Houston and had a phone interview with them as well. I received an email stating that management thought I would be a great fit, and they wanted me to come to Plano in less than 2 days for an in face interview with the Inside Sales Managers. It is a 5 hour drive, and I am still working full time. I was told by the staffing agency everything would be via Skype. That's where everything went wrong. It took almost 2 weeks to reschedule a Skype, and it was with 2 random managers that they were able to coordinate. They had no idea that I had already spoke with the West coast manager, or HR...they didn't even know I was asked to come to Plano. They also thought they were interviewing me for management the entire conversation, when I was applying for the Inside Sales position. After all that, the staffing agency tells me they decided to "pass". Like it wasn't a big deal, like I hadn't been preparing to uproot my family and move for this opportunity. The position was put on hold, they have some serious organizational issues to deal with before hiring again. So incredibly disappointing.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I first had a phone screening with one of the scientists. He asked technical questions only to see that I was qualified for the position. Next was a phone interview with two members of the team. They asked about how I work and keep myself organized.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized when you have multiple tasks?   Answer Question