Hewlett-Packard Associate Director - Corporate Strategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Associate Director - Corporate Strategy Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Associate Director - Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, Reached out to the recruiter on Linkedin, initial HR screening, 2 case interviews over the phone and 5 onsite interviews. Very quick and efficient process. It was mostly organized by the team's EA. The downfall of the process was that that the list of interviewees for the onsite interview was changed completely on the day of onsite without prior notice. I'd like to check people's background on Linkedin and know their name so that I can connect with them. However when I arrived I met with a totally different group of people compared to the list that was given to me before the interview. Anyway, you should be ready for unexpected changes. That's a reality of the work you will be doing.

Interview Questions

• Pretty usual Corp. strategy case studies. The questions were mostly real projects that the team had worked on in the past. So they give you a good view into the type of projects you will be working on. Examples are Go To Market assessment, Pricing Strategy, Business Model assessment (e.g. Subscription vs. License perpetual). If you have been in corp strategy or consulting and can explain your though process you'll do just fine.   Answer Question

I applied for the associate director position and then got an offer for a manager level over the phone by the VP. Considering my background and experience I explained that I'm not considering a manager level role. They were supposed to get back to me with either a new offer or a decision, but never did! After I followed up, the VP wrote back and asked for a time to chat but never called me back.

As a strategist, if I were on the hiring team, I would have stopped and asked myself why someone with 9-10 years of corp. strategy experience would want to be a manager :)! I'm just saying!

Overall if you are applying for corp strategy positions (they are hiring at multiple levels) make sure you are clear about which role you are being interviewed for. Saves everyone's time.