Hewlett-Packard IT Developer/Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I had a phone interview for about an hour. The team manager and two senior analysts called me. The interview was fair. Not very difficult. They seemed to be interested in my experiences. There was a balance of theoretical/working knowledge questions. Three days later, HR contacted me. HR emailed me questions and I answered them. I got a call one week later about the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I first got a call from the hiring manager, then got another call from the team members. Then third call again from the hiring manager to discuss about salaries and got the informal offer.

Interview Questions

• What tool do you prefer to use for data modelling and why ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a really streamlined process and they knew exactly what they wanted and what to ask. They did not focus on the technical questions i thought they would it was more of a personality overview which threw me off guard

Interview Questions

• they asked personality questions and not technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Interview

College Hire process was excellent. The person came to the campus and was very professional providing information about HP and the jobs they were hiring for. After that a recruiter picked up my resume and I was called in for 2 other interviews for 2 different opportunities. Both were all day interviews taking me to lunch and the first one I did not get hired but was hired for the 2nd opportunity.

Interview Questions

• It's been so long ago I don't remember the questions that was asked.   Answer Question

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

There were a total of three phone interviews: 1. The HR Interview 2. The Team Interview 3. The Hiring Manager Interview. All interviews were behavioral and felt like a conversation and not an interview. They wanted to see my thought process and how I make decisions more so than what I learned in the classroom.

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Conway, AR).

Interview

The process began at an on-campus career fair where I talked to a gentleman from HP who took my information and gave me a job number to apply with on their careers website. After I applied I waited about a week and received a call to schedule a phone interview the next week. When it was time for me to get called for the phone interview I was never contacted. I waited two weeks with no word whatsoever and I was finally contacted again by a different person wanting salary information and a few other details. About a week later I was contacted again to set up another phone interview which ended up taking place the next week. After that interview I waited one more week and I was contacted by someone who offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for HP?
      Do you have any project management experience?
      Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation in my process and after asking around I haven't heard of any for anyone else either. They make it very clear that what they offer is what you will get.

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2014.

Interview

One interview, walked in 30 minutes early and they took me up 15 minutes before the scheduled time, sat with the entire team and talked/answered questions/asked questions the whole time. I was surprised at how easy the questions were, classic interview questions but it wasn't uptight or anything, they were all really accommodating and friendly, great group of professionals.

Interview Questions

• Describe how the Spring framework operates in conjunction with Java.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Austin, TX).

Interview

Was hired as a college graduate. Initial interview conducted through campus followed by an in-office interview of 4 short rounds with different people. Was given an offer shortly after.

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview

I had one half an hour to hour long phone interview that went over my job history, what I'd like to do at HP, what I'd learned so far in school, etc. No technical questions were asked (i.e. no problems to solve). Asked about what challenges I'd had in working with other people in teams.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

All I had was a phone interview for about 15 mins and I landed the job. Very simple- never even met my manager till about a year after I was hired because of his location. He at the time was in Germany and I was in Houston. I applied online through the HP website. He called me after receiving my application- which was shocking because I had just graduate with little to no experience. I was very honest and told my manager things I want to learn and grow in. We spent about 15 mins talking and a week later I received a phone call with a job offer. It took about 2 weeks to get the screening process complete and before I knew I had my own cube with my name on it!