Hewlett-Packard Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

ITI Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX).

Interview

I first applied back in 2011 when HPI and HPE were still together. I need a quick interview at a college career fair. I had a phone interview later with the director and some non-managers as well. The interview process was painless.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on team projects before? How did you overcome problems?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Phone interview, it went good. Three people asked question over the phone, it went for 30 minutes. Question was related to requirement gathering, which I answered well. Overall conversation was good.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

It was a good interview. I met with different people and they asked me questions about my experience and how it would relate to the job that I am applying for. There were very pleasant and it seems like they are a good company to work for. They also asked about how I can help HP grow.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than than the other applicants for this position?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

very quick. lasted 10 minutes or less, 2 people were on the call. only the procurement manager asked questions only. very quick and very brief questions. not too much detail, The easiest interview I have ever had. I have had many. .

Interview Questions

• why you? the ever popular : " Tell me about yourself " , where are you from ? not too much thought put into the questions. Seems like the manager did not care .   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Very good, interviewed several people in the group I would be working with. You interview with people you work with and then you interview with the Director and the Vice President of the Group. The interviews were positive. I got asked many questions about my experience and how it would relate to the job. There were no "hard nosed" difficult interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Easy interview. Had an initial screening with HR followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager. Brought me into a face to face to offer me the job. The final meeting with the manager was taken on site at the coffee shop

Interview Questions

• Questions were your general behavioral questions. Easy interview. Had an initial screening with HR followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager. Brought me into a face to face to offer me the job.   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I applied months before I was called for an interview. They acknowledged the delay. I Interviewed with the recruiter via phone then I had an in person interview with 3 managers onsite.

Interview Questions

• Questions were specific to my experience that related to the job position.Are you familiar with the X12 format?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I also was able to negotiate my salary once I was offered the position. They initially offered about 5,000 less than my low range value. I informed them that I would call them after I think about the offer and gave them reasons for my hesitation. Once I called back, they had another offer available that was only a few hundred dollars than my desired pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with the manager of the department. It was very laid back and simple with easy questions. The second round was in-person with three other business analysts. They had very specific questions about my resume and I could tell that they took the time to really review my materials before meeting me (which I appreciated). The questions weren't very difficult, but it was evident that they were looking for someone who perfectly fit their company (and it was clear that I didn't). Overall, I would advise you to really study everything on your resume and find ways to relate it to the department. Got a call back a few weeks later with them announcing they picked other people for the positions.

Interview Questions

• How do you best learn new things?   1 Answer
    • How do you stay organized?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with writing queries,   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Two phone interviews. They cannot conduct face to face interviews for contract employees. Both interviews were with the hiring manager who I loved working for. Very average in terms of questions asked and it was pretty informal.

Interview Questions

• More experience based than behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Had a phone screen with HR. It was a very simple and friendly interview, mostly about my background, trying to find out what I have done in the past so as to figure out if it matches up with the role.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing you have faced in your job?   Answer Question