Hewlett-Packard Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Marketing Manager Interview Questions

3.1

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen by hiring manager. Was asked if I was one of the HP employees placed in redeployment. She told me she does not hire from that group. We reviewed my background and the open position's requirements. Both of us agreed there was an excellent match. Following our call, the hiring manager when silent and I did not receive an update.

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Corvallis, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Entire process was about 2-3 weeks, with 3 rounds of interview. Began with a run-down of qualifications specific to the role, followed by an in-depth behavioral interview to assess fit and ability to work with the team. Interviewed with both hiring manager and HR personnel. Very important to demonstrate professionalism and ability to perform as needed. Not the most time-consuming interview process but definitely thorough.

Interview Questions

• What was the one instance of a successful project you were responsible for?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Broomfield, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Four managers taking turns, all sitting in the same, closed, brick room; I provided them a portfolio of my accomplishments and capabilities. Good interview, however, they decided they want and Engineer for this Product Marketing role. I do know three product managers were also picked for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about laying out a strategic marketing plan?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Very straightforward and professional. Typical 1st call from HR to determine interest and availability. Then call with the hiring manager. Finally on site for an entire day with the team and manager. They flew me in and put me up in a local hotel. Follow up was reasonable. Had an offer within 2 weeks. Accepted after minimal negotiations around base and grade level.

Interview Questions

• Typical interviews. Mostly around personality fit with the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fremont, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was out on medical leave, so the director requested a telephone interview to see if I was a good fit for his position - which had actually been my position prior to going out on leave....he was a new director, though, so he interviewed me for the job.

Marketing Programs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Herndon, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

The HR person was very nice and had a pleasant interview with her. She sent out a questionnaire first which took a while to complete. The next part was the hiring manager. She was rude and asked questions that I believe definitely ruled me out from going forward (see unexpected question below) when we were done. Additionally, she rescheduled the interview a couple of times and seemed pressed for time when we spoke which I believe ruled me out before we began. I had the feeling the entire time that she had to be elsewhere and I do not believe anything I said would have made a difference. I was tempted to say, let's reschedule when you are not under pressure of a deadline.

Interview Questions

• What is our complete porfolio of products that we manage?   1 Answer

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

The VP reached out to me based on my resume and then had her admin set me up with 5 or 6 peer interviews as well as the VP Sales I would support.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Seattle, WA).

Interview

1:1 with the same person on 2 different days, then asked to put together a marketing plan. Phone interviews were then scheduled with other members of the team that were located out-of-town. One Director on the team was late, & spent less than 15 minutes for the call (that was scheduled to be 45 minutes). This interviewer was very negative, and had an air of "I feel threatened/why do I have to talk to you" tone when talking to me. I had to explain an answer 3 times in different ways (a topic I have deep experience in/felt very confident in my past success with), and the entire conversation felt very disjointed. Ultimately, the team passed on me via word from the in-person interview contact. The negative interviewer derailed the entire interview process, although he spent less than 15 minutes on a call with me. I believe this is all for the best, and suspect the disjointed/negative interview experience was a snapshot of the culture of this team.

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX).

Interview

Really need a connection inside to pull you through the process. Otherwise it is standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult. It pays to take the offensive with strong questions of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty easy - offer and counter offer and done.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

managers are remote so questions around working remotely