Hewlett-Packard Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, four face to face interviews with four different groups in Plano. A total of three HR managers, one east coast, two west coast were also involved in setting up the meetings. I don't think they actually had that many jobs to fill, so they were screening many, many candidates for just a few openings. Also, I think the pay package was extremely low, which is why they passed on many candidates because other than new college grads no one would accept their package so why bother to extend an offer? The whole experience comes across as very disorganized. They are wasting the time of a lot of people including their own people.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background in sales at your former companies?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a staffing agency in Houston. They said HP Enterprises (software) was specifically looking outside of Dallas for new talent to start an Inside Sales team. I live in Houston, but was told the base+commission was extremely desirable, and they pay to relocate. My first phone interview was with a West coast territory Sales Manager, and that went great. Shortly after, I got a call from HR for HP in Houston and had a phone interview with them as well. I received an email stating that management thought I would be a great fit, and they wanted me to come to Plano in less than 2 days for an in face interview with the Inside Sales Managers. It is a 5 hour drive, and I am still working full time. I was told by the staffing agency everything would be via Skype. That's where everything went wrong. It took almost 2 weeks to reschedule a Skype, and it was with 2 random managers that they were able to coordinate. They had no idea that I had already spoke with the West coast manager, or HR...they didn't even know I was asked to come to Plano. They also thought they were interviewing me for management the entire conversation, when I was applying for the Inside Sales position. After all that, the staffing agency tells me they decided to "pass". Like it wasn't a big deal, like I hadn't been preparing to uproot my family and move for this opportunity. The position was put on hold, they have some serious organizational issues to deal with before hiring again. So incredibly disappointing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2016.

Interview

Very easy and quick took about two weeks to receive an offer. Interviewer was very nice and followed up throughout the entire process. Would definitely recommend to a friend. No face to face contact, all done over the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Quick and to the point with upper management/decision makers from the beggining. The initial interview was with the recruiting department of HP to qualify you for moving forward in the process. The 2nd and 3rd interview were within 2 days of the first. The second interview was with the VP of the west and so was the third when he flew in to town the very next day to meet in person. The final interview was with the President of our entire division. I had the decision the next morning that I was on board.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions around my experience, book of business, my past experiences, where I see the industry heading and current trends.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple they matched current salary but the HP commission structure was far and beyond what I have ever even heard of for a sales rep.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Multiple Interviews with sales management and sales team. Starts with a recruiter finding you and going through the process. Can take a couple of weeks to secure an interview, the process take about 5-6 weeks overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example where you disagreed with your boss and was right   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Got connected with a campus recruiter at a career fair, someone form HR followed up within a week. The process was straightforward; made it to the second round of interviews and decided that large corporation life wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• What are the different components of a computer?

What is your sales process?
      Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2015.

Interview

I was connected to a supervisor from a mutual contact and was emailed to set up a phone conversation. I originally thought this was a preliminary conversation that would lead to an interview but it was an hour long phone screen with interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What does the sales process look like?
      What is a server?
      What do you consider two traits that are important for a sales person to have?
      How have you displayed these in the past?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Chicago, IL).

Interview

At the time the interview process was based on my overall experience and employee recommendations - I had worked with a few people in past jobs and came highly recommended, based on the software solutions that were hiring.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself five years from now?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Met manager and various team members individually. We did this often to ensure that a person would "fit" with the team dynamics. If the location allowed, it would be in person, if not via call or skype (later on).

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

It was one-hour long phone call, for the first time I was asked about company's CEO and founding year. I was also asked to define cloud, server, and visualization. Additionally, there were typical questions about my strengths and a role play as if I was actual inside sales rep (I could choose a product).

Interview Questions

• define cloud, server, and visualization, CEO and founding year, what are your strengths, why HP, do you want to relocate, what do you know about location, how did you prepare to this phone call   Answer Question