Hewlett-Packard Senior Business analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Senior Business analyst Interview Questions

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Phone interview followed up with a full day of multiple interviews. Many behavioral situation questions to determine team fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were asked to do something you considered questionable or not correct and what you did as a result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate - take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Nashville, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

Fairly standard.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Typical

Negotiation

no negotiation other than vacation

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2009.

Interview

Interview process is too long. And the manager is to slow to respond. I have talked to Magaer 1:1 on the phone, and then HR contacted me for the Salary requirement. Then I had a Phone interview with 5 People for 2 Hrs. Then I was called to have F2F interview on site, and I am still waiting for an answer.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sacramento, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Brief. I was who they were looking for. The work I do is so specific, there are very few people who can walk right into an operation and be up and running day one. there was no learning curve.

Interview Questions

• How do deal with ambiguity and change business demands on a weekly basis?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a 5% raise and got it.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

It was fine & didn't take much time as position was needs to be urgently filled

Interview Questions

Interview

Company was taken over from EDS. I was never hired but I was immediately required to take a 30 percent wage cut or be let go. I was eventually let go. Now the company has lost the major sector that I was contracted to, GM, and couldn't keep up the demands of the client.

Interview Questions

• Will you take a 30 percent wage cut?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was handed a letter to sign accepting the wage cut.

IT Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview

There were allot of questions geared toward determining what kind of worker I am, such as how much supervision I need and what my general work style is.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer a manager who hovers over you and micro-manages, or a manager who is completely hand-off and doesn't provide any direction?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)) in June 2010.

Interview

Was interviewed for a job at a client site. Got interviewed by direct HP manager and the client himself. After that there is a needless aptitude test (which I don't think they checked the results of)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join HP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I stood by my request and they eventually replied with confirmation.

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

Interview

Two rounds of behavioral interviews and one in-person interview.