Hewlett-Packard Solution Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.9

Security Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was rather long. The interview was high level revolting around Agile and Scrum and project managements. There were some technical security questions - one question around encryption, one on multi factor authentication and one on access control. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How to manage Level of Effort estimates and scope creep.   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Very detailed and organized. Met with multiple SAs and managers and we exchanged our technical knowledge for the position as well as the industry as a whole. Great experience overall. Ask as many questions as you can, it will help the process.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you will add value to the team and organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

4 rounds of interview.
    3 technical and about experience
    4th was HR
    Offer was given a week after interview.
    Visited the office for interview, gave a starting date for next month.
    The recruiter visited on campus for the role and chose resumes from the lot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since it was an internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my university career fair and he interviewed me later that night. It was fairly laid back with a few technical questions. He e-mailed me and told me he wanted to bring me in for another interview but after I responded, he never contacted me again.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied to this position online. After a week or so I got a call from talent recruiter who scheduled a call within a day or two for initial conversation. I talked to the recruiter on phone. Then technical interview process started, I was interview by two folks from the company. I was asked basically everything that I put on my resume.

Interview Questions

• They asked me all the technical knowledge and skills that I put on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Single interview process to gauge both short and long-term goals. Very comfortable conversation that still went by a rubric. Be sure to elaborate when possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail an experience in which you overcame adversity.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Referred to by colleague

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

This took a lot longer than it should have or needed to. The process consisted of phone screens and in-person interviews over six or seven weeks.

Interview Questions

• You're at a customer meeting with a sales rep. The sales rep is telling the customer wrong information regarding the products you are selling, what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Whole process took about 4 months. Interview with hiring manager and another manager then did a demo fo a panel that included the hiring manager,plus another manager and the director and a final interview with the Manager of the Sales team I'd be working with. This occurred before all the acquisitions. Organization was pretty flat and still had to old HP culture, so I have no idea what the process would be like today, but it was pretty lenghtly when I joined some 7 years ago.

Negotiation

I came from a competitor so the offer was very good. I received a bump on my salary and I was happy with the additional perks to would be getting, so I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Three phone interviews and a face to face with individual who was to be your direct manager. First a general screening with HR who will hand you off to the hiring manager, which is the key- if you impress your direct hiring manager, it doesn't matter much about interviews after that- if they want you, you will be hired