Hewlett-Packard Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2014.

Interview

In-person and remote. Standard set of questions that were asked. Appeared to be more of a formality than a serious skillset questioning. Some interviewers seemed more skilled with the interview process than others

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Interview process was fine the folks I met with were helpful Most of my interview was at HP with team leads and technical folks that had good subject matter knowledge to questions I raised during interview process. They also provided additional information in regards to hours expectations and responsibilities.

Negotiation

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a day long on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Questions about object oriented programming ( C++ and java)
      Analytical questions about problem solving
      Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my second job , so I was not able to negotiate well.
    There is a good scope for negotiation

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Had to send a questionnaire back. Then did a phone screen. The in person interview was intense. Met with about 10 people and was there 3 1/2 hours. Overall it was a good experience I was asked some brain teaser questions. The technical questions were not too hard unfortunately I was rusty from taking some time off.

Interview Questions

• If you have 9 balls and 1 is heavier you have a balance whats the fewest amount of times you have to use it to find the heavier ball.   3 Answers

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was a standard interview process basic OOPS questions, sample programs and logic questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Norfolk, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied to HP in August of 2010. I finally got a call back a little more than a month later. An employee scheduled a phone interview that consisted of IQ questions. I was Ok with my answers.I was contacted again in which an employee emailed me my requirements for the interview (Background check information). My interview was 6:45 in the morning. I had a full suit on. I felt overdressed considering the managers and everybody at the place were in old slacks and polos. I was interviewed again with IQ questions which kinda took me by surprised. I wasnt asked a single thing about the company or what i can do for the company. I answered the questions. I wasnt offered the position with the company. I was upset but more with myself. I could of been more prepared for what was coming. The second interview wasnt as professional as I thought it should

Interview Questions

• It wasnt a difficult question but he flat out asked how do i remote into another person's computer   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2009.

Interview

The process was incredibly drawn out and painful, so I was sure I was applying for a professional position. Come to find out, after a prescreen, three written tests, a phone interview and an in-person interview, they actually were building a call center where jobs would pay slightly more than minimum wage. The final interviewer was dismayed to hear that I had gotten technical certifications and learned a great deal at my previous position. I thought she was kidding, but she was actually quite concerned that I might have been learning work-related subject matter while at work... I had to explain that it was sometimes slow and that I was responsible for solving problems that required this information, but she did not seem convinced.

Interview Questions

• describe a mistake you have made and what you learned from it   1 Answer
    • Describe an occasion where you solved a problem by taking the initiative   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Corvallis, OR) in June 2008.

Interview

Internal position. Interviewed five times over almost two weeks. Hiring manager offered position over phone, but at a reduced salary than what was posted. Attempted to renegotiate salary, but non-negotiable per hiring managers statement. Contacted HR, they confirmed that all candidates, internal and external, can negotiate.

Interview Questions

• How do I compile an HP-UX kernel? What steps do I take to move the new
         kernel into place and associated support files, yet still allowing me to
         boot off the previous kernel in case the new kernel is bad?
      2 Answers
    • A user calls and complains that the E-mail he/she is sending does not get
         to the intended receipients. What steps do you take to investigate and
         resolve?
      2 Answers

Hiring manager not truthful

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was a good one. The process took one day. There were mainly three rounds.
    First round is of group discussion. Here they gave a general topic.
    Second round, we took a test. It had two sections : technical & soft skills.
    Third round was face to face interview. They have asked very basic of networking and functioning of computer.

Interview Questions

• They have asked the difference between RJ45 and RJ11.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I had applied to this post by consultancy in Bangalore. There was one round in consultancy in which thet asked some basic questions on hardware and networking. Selected candidates were sent to HP office to attend HR interview.
    Study about basic hardware and networking before going to interwiew