Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,876 Interview Reviews

2.9

Material Analyst Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Corvallis, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

I have been interviewed for materials analyst engineer position with HP at Corvallis, OR. The whole interview process is Extremely Intimidating and very tiresome process.
    12-15 people has interviewed me and they expect to solve the scientific problems within a couple of minutes. I think 2 - 4 interviewers who have just bachelor degree asked me some stupidity questions on corrosion of circuit boards, infant they do not have complete knowledge of corrosion. They asked me about the mechanism of inkjet, laser jet and 3d printing. Based on your resume and background they come up with some standard questions to test your analytical and technical skills. During the interview I strongly felt that i was taking the materials science exam. They asked questions from their notes and they don't give enough time to think. Overall i did not enjoy the whole interview process and i don't recommend.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about binary phase diagram (Lever Rule) ?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sant Cugat del Vallès (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sant Cugat del Vallès (Spain)) in February 2016.

Interview

- First short telephone interview (15min).
    - 5 Hours interview.
        -> 30 min with HHRR
        -> 30 min with project manager
        -> 4 different technical interview (1h each) -> Very theoretical questions in different field of mechanical design. Fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, statistics, physics, ...
               e.g. Calculate the necessary time to empty a vessel
                      Calculate the displacements in a hyperestatic structure.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the necessary time to empty a vessel.
      Calculate the displacements in a hyperestatic structure.
      Typical HHRR questions.   Answer Question

Back Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Paris (France)) in March 2016.

Interview

Selection sur dossier, et puis un test psychotechnique, une évaluation et puis un entretien..l'entretien était tellement difficile et long qu'on perd meme la concentration..en plus il était en anglais professionnel

Interview Questions

• que connaissez vous de nos partenaires externes?   1 Answer

j'ai rien reçu

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 9 executives over a period of 4 days. Very intense interviews, so you need to be prepared for any type of question. All very nice people and pleasant to talk to, so it was a positive experience.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Corvallis, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Lots of difficult technical questions that required detailed answers. The process took about 2 to 3 weeks and most of the interviews over the phone took about one hour or so.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

First round aptitude then interview ..they ask me to solve puzzles. Ask about family why HP and what your look for ...ask about questions from more on compiler.. DBMS and data structures.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone over a year ago about a recruiting position and I am just writing now because I just was notified that new recruiting positions were open with HP's Software/Big Data group. I am a seasoned recruiter with an excellent track record and have worked for and with industry leaders in the Software and B2B Saas industry including 2 of the companies HP acquired, placing senior and mid-level managers. I have a friendly and professional personality without a big ego. In short, I have never been treated so rudely. My answers to questions were cut off, I was treated in a condescending manner about my career path which included joining Salesforce very early on and as an agency recruiter my clients included Oracle, BEA, i2 and dozens of start-ups that went public. I have never been treated so rudely before. I ended the call early because above everything else, a company's culture is most important thing and I had a terrible first impression. I don't get it at all-I was the one solicited directly through my Linkedin profile.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that your experience makes you qualified for the role?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about 10 hrs, followed by a written(Aptitude+Technical) test.The questions were good enough and challenging.DI+Apti+Networking questions and Technical questions followed by Optional JAVA/C++ questions.The next round was technical round followed by another technical round as they wanted candidates having good knowledge of UNIX Operating system.

Interview Questions

• OOPs Concept
      Networking questions.   1 Answer

Software Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Ramon, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

(All phone interviews) The interview was only conducted because I had a direct recommendation from an internal rep who has the same role. I spoke with 3 managers then a field rep of the territory I would be covering, to which all of them said that i would be a great fit for the position. No one called. I reached out, no communication. Months later I heard a position was open again and i went through the same process, 3 managers and the field rep of the territory. The hiring manager says they were going to bring me on board but this process was stopped once they found out they weren't allowing any new CA employees. (might have to do with the company split)

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself and why you would be a great fit for this role.   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with dozens of questions, some of which were very ambiguous. Many questions had multiple answers based on the assumed subject or emphasis. Was this done to confuse the interviewee? Or, to check his/her knowledge or lack of it?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about vector graphics?   1 Answer