Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,837 Interview Reviews

2.9

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Corvallis, OR).

Interview

After submitting a resume, I was called for an interview. The interview with with two people from the department I was applying to. The interview was made up of questions in which you described a time you did something - based on the duties of the job I was applying for. I had never gone through an interview like that!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to tell someone something they didn't want to hear.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call 2 weeks after I applied online. Interview was some technical questions but focused mainly on behavioral, I'd say it was pretty easy. I was contacted a couple weeks after my initial interview and offered the position.

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Costa, WV) in January 2017.

Interview

Short interview, phone call, talked with a It manager, very annoying questions and with no interest at all. The enviroment great. Short interview, phone call, talked with a It manager, very annoying questions and with no interest at all. The enviroment great

IT Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview was exactly as you'd expect; I met, alone, with what would have been my immediate superior. We talked for roughly half an hour on what was expected in the job, and if it was something I was interested in. Everything was fair enough.

Interview Questions

• What protocol is associated with port 443   6 Answers

I just wasn't interested in the job. The on-paper listing made the job sound different than it was. Interviews are 2-sided, don't forget that!

Material Analyst Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Corvallis, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

I have been interviewed for materials analyst engineer position with HP at Corvallis, OR. The whole interview process is Extremely Intimidating and very tiresome process.
    12-15 people has interviewed me and they expect to solve the scientific problems within a couple of minutes. I think 2 - 4 interviewers who have just bachelor degree asked me some stupidity questions on corrosion of circuit boards, infant they do not have complete knowledge of corrosion. They asked me about the mechanism of inkjet, laser jet and 3d printing. Based on your resume and background they come up with some standard questions to test your analytical and technical skills. During the interview I strongly felt that i was taking the materials science exam. They asked questions from their notes and they don't give enough time to think. Overall i did not enjoy the whole interview process and i don't recommend.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about binary phase diagram (Lever Rule) ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Through University of Texas website then offered a first interview. I met with a career recruiter at a campus event for MPA (masters accounting) students and took interest in the company. They seemed interested because I study statistical modeling as well as accounting.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part of the audit cycle?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

4 interviews, HR, 2 tech and 1 manager.
    I spoke with the recruiter first and then I had two phone interviews for technical subjects, then I had a call with the hiring manager to also asked questions and was given a offer the next day.

IMDC Coordinator/Dispatch Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I was under the impression I needed intermediate to advanced Excel skills. This was not the case. This position was more of a schedule type of role. Strictly administrative work is completed. You do need to have basic internet, computer, and Microsoft Office suite skills.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had intermediate to advanced Excel and Word skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

In depth interview. Test knowledge of Solaris and networking skills. Hardware knowledge of Sun E10K. Accomplishments in current job.Experience installing Solaris servers. Have you had training on Solaris servers?

Interview Questions

• Are you Solaris certified?
      Talk about network experience.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked for 100000/year. Negotiated 94500/year.

Client Principal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

External recruiter set up interview with hiring manager who had a 30 mins. telephonic interview. Questions were mainly around my experience in SAP. This was followed by an Interview with the Hiring Manager's peer, followed by an Interview with the Hiring Managers boss. This interview was in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate. I got a $5000 Sign-up bonus.