Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,851 Interview Reviews

2.9

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, four face to face interviews with four different groups in Plano. A total of three HR managers, one east coast, two west coast were also involved in setting up the meetings. I don't think they actually had that many jobs to fill, so they were screening many, many candidates for just a few openings. Also, I think the pay package was extremely low, which is why they passed on many candidates because other than new college grads no one would accept their package so why bother to extend an offer? The whole experience comes across as very disorganized. They are wasting the time of a lot of people including their own people.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background in sales at your former companies?   1 Answer

Document Scanner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

The questions where very easy to answer. The interviewers where very nice. They explained the position and the job duties very well. Overall it was a good experience. I wish all interviews where like this one.

Interview Questions

• I think this was one of the questions... How do your past experience match up to this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and received an email from a recruiter a week later. He called me and briefly talked about the position and asked me about school. Within a week I setup an interview with 3 different 1:1 interviewers. It was very relaxed, they asked behavior questions, questions regarding past work experience, and a few technical questions.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Corvallis, OR).

Interview

5 separate 1:1 interviews with engineers and managers. I applied for an internal promotional engineering job in wafer fab area. Each interview lasted 40 - 50 minutes and was not stressful, they wanted to see problem solving approach. You are allowed to ask questions and have scratch paper and pencil if you want to use them.

Interview Questions

• Describe how an Inkjet print head works. You can go into as much or as little detail as you wish.   1 Answer

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Was contacted for interview via e-mail. Had a 1 hour phone interview followed by 1 day on site interview. Company flew me in from out of state and provided hotel, rental car, and spending money.
    On site interview consisted of a series of 1:1 interviews with different team members and lunch with the team. Received offer letter around a week afterwards.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a staffing agency in Houston. They said HP Enterprises (software) was specifically looking outside of Dallas for new talent to start an Inside Sales team. I live in Houston, but was told the base+commission was extremely desirable, and they pay to relocate. My first phone interview was with a West coast territory Sales Manager, and that went great. Shortly after, I got a call from HR for HP in Houston and had a phone interview with them as well. I received an email stating that management thought I would be a great fit, and they wanted me to come to Plano in less than 2 days for an in face interview with the Inside Sales Managers. It is a 5 hour drive, and I am still working full time. I was told by the staffing agency everything would be via Skype. That's where everything went wrong. It took almost 2 weeks to reschedule a Skype, and it was with 2 random managers that they were able to coordinate. They had no idea that I had already spoke with the West coast manager, or HR...they didn't even know I was asked to come to Plano. They also thought they were interviewing me for management the entire conversation, when I was applying for the Inside Sales position. After all that, the staffing agency tells me they decided to "pass". Like it wasn't a big deal, like I hadn't been preparing to uproot my family and move for this opportunity. The position was put on hold, they have some serious organizational issues to deal with before hiring again. So incredibly disappointing.

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I had a phone interview for about an hour. The team manager and two senior analysts called me. The interview was fair. Not very difficult. They seemed to be interested in my experiences. There was a balance of theoretical/working knowledge questions. Three days later, HR contacted me. HR emailed me questions and I answered them. I got a call one week later about the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

After I applied through the website I was contacted to schedule an interview. The interview was over the phone and questions were asked just like a normal interview face to face. Additionally the role was described in a bit more detail letting me the team is not all based in Houston and I would be working with Microsoft. Questions consisted of normal interview questions such as what are my greatest attributes, what are my weaknesses, do I work better flexible or on a routine.

Interview Questions

• What is my previous experience with working with web based data centers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

First, I received a phone interview with the recruiter. Then I went in for a face-to-face interview with the admin at the branch I applied for. They insisted it was more of a casual conversation, but it was definitely an interview, haha. I was prepared though and they asked basic interview questions. I answered them pretty well I guess because I am in talks of finalizing and accepting the position.

Cost Reduction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with several who would be my counterparts, three managers, and a VP. I witnessed to one of the managers about my faith in Christ and told the VP I would not work more 50 hours a week as a rule as I would be home for supper with my wife and children most night.