Hewlett-Packard Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.7

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Most of the questions will be around the project management phases, try to be very detail with the phases, however avoid sounding like you are like reading it. Also they will be asking for examples where you have to delegate, create reports from data, etc.

Interview Questions

• There isnt any difucult question, it just a matter to relax. They dont like people to feel anxious or nervous. It will mean that you can't hold your nerves and you have a hard time to talk in public.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Avoid asking for money right away, if they feel that you are just for the money they will not make an offer. HP is fair, and will try to get you into the average

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Hiring Process is always slow in this company so stay patient. Interviews and feedback are somewhat slow as well. Some will ask more technical skill based questions and others will be based more on the soft skills. Come prepared for both and know your content.

Interview Questions

• There were no specific questions just more information about yourself and your previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, negotiate they have the flexibility.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2013.

Interview

Very simple I transferred from a different aspect of HP

Negotiation

none

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2013.

Interview

The Hiring process involved going thru' the client's preferred vendor. The vendor arranged the telephonic interview with the hiring manager. The interview was about an hour long with questions related to my background and to IT project management. Overall the hiring process was quick.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle projects with newer, upcoming technologies?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2012.

Interview

The interview is in 3 or 4 stages depending on if there is a recruiter.
    1.Recruiter
    2.Project Team Lead
    3. Manager
    4. Level 2 manager

Interviews were straight to the point. They wanted to know about direct projects and duties covered in previous positions.

Be prepared to answer questions about your preferred type of leadership, your leadership style, Strengths, Weaknesses, and potential growth.

They will ask about times of adversity in the workplace and how you handled.
    They will ask about timelines/ deadlines and how you work with people not meeting them.
    They will ask about self discipline and time management.

Be prepared to to tell stories of previous encounters, projects and success stories.
    Emphasize working well with others, being a leader, and time management.

Interview Questions

• How do you define which is most important within a project?
      What is your greatest weakness outside of being persistence and detailed oriented?
      What is the next step after this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took 6 weeks to negotiate salary and job level. This was partly due to end of year numbers.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID).

Interview

Panel interview. Lots of detail requested. Almost every question was "tell me about a time when you X". example replace X with: A. had an issue with another employee and how did you handle it. B. Had to two projects with similar deadlines, how did you prioritise?

Interview Questions

• Actual question: "If you took could take a band of steel and put if around the earth at the equator, and then added one foot to it, could you get under it?"   1 Answer

Customer Program/Project Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boston, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application online. The hiring manager called within a week for a phone screen. I had an in person interview 2 days later. He hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Would I be making a mistake if I offered you the job?   1 Answer

Trading Floor Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter in first week of November about this position. In two weeks I had the first interview with direct supervisor. I moved to next round. I waited till the end of January for second interview just to be informed that position was changed and HP requested from my recruiter another candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Columbus, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was internal and so less number of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest size of team you managed ?   2 Answers
    • Describe some difficult situation you managed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation since it was internal.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

HP Recruiter sent email regarding phone interview time and details of position. Hiring manager and team members conducted 2 rounds of phone interview. Offer was extended after the phone interviews were done.

Interview Questions

• About challenging projects technology and business process   Answer Question