Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,820 Interview Reviews

2.9

Contact Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very good. Interviewers were engaging, and they explained the job requirements quite well. I liked their forthright manner, as well as their questions about my past work, which showed they had actually reviewed my resume closely.

Interview Questions

• Am I am able to work overtime , extra hours with little advance notice?   1 Answer

Security Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was rather long. The interview was high level revolting around Agile and Scrum and project managements. There were some technical security questions - one question around encryption, one on multi factor authentication and one on access control. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How to manage Level of Effort estimates and scope creep.   1 Answer

Interview

There were 2 phone screens with a mini case, and a half day with 4 in-person interviews each with a case that lasted about an hour each. Cases were based on projects that the team had been working on recently.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in HP? What did I understand about the technology market?   Answer Question

HP LabsData Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I applied online at noon on Friday, and in the afternoon a HP scientist emailed me to request a phone interview the next Monday. The interview tool 35 min, and the potential supervisor and a hiring manager called me. At first, the hiring manager introduced me of the projects they were doing, and the questions included my research projects, class projects on data mining, parallel programming, and C++. And at last they asked two C++ programming problems without coding, just providing thought.

Interview Questions

• two C++ programming problems without coding, just providing thought.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Phone interview, it went good. Three people asked question over the phone, it went for 30 minutes. Question was related to requirement gathering, which I answered well. Overall conversation was good.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

The company came for campus career fair. Then I received a coding interview question through mail. We were given two hours time to solve that question and send it back. I submitted the coding back. According to me I did well.

New Graduate Program Interview

Interview

I don't recommend any body to waste your time to prepare interview in HPE. Whole recruitment process took 2.5 months. They don't know how to respect employees time and effort. HR people are very busy, They don't even care about your problems. You need to beg them to process your Onboarding. They don't provide any information to new employees unless until you send them loads of emails. They even forget about your start date and when you email them regarding your start date then they will give you another new start date. You need to be very patient to join in HPE after getting the offer, because of HR team busy schedule you need to be unemployed for months also.
    I really don't have any words to appreciate them for their negligence.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

It was a good interview. I met with different people and they asked me questions about my experience and how it would relate to the job that I am applying for. There were very pleasant and it seems like they are a good company to work for. They also asked about how I can help HP grow.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than than the other applicants for this position?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2016.

Interview

Call from recruiter a couple days after applying online. Interview with 3 managers the next week. Was very professional. Seem to be a little lost starting up call center for only PC/Laptop/printer sales. No enterprise products...wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with customer objections.   1 Answer

Regional Deployment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

I had been working for the company on a contract basis and was referred to a FTE position by an employee. I reached out to the hiring manager and went through a face-to-face interview. Then over the next three weeks, I met with four additional individual interviews (face-to-face and phone) with other influencers selected by the hiring manager. Received offer within three weeks of first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you solved a complex problem at a previous job.   Answer Question