Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017
2,851 Interview Reviews

2.9

HP LabsData Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I applied online at noon on Friday, and in the afternoon a HP scientist emailed me to request a phone interview the next Monday. The interview tool 35 min, and the potential supervisor and a hiring manager called me. At first, the hiring manager introduced me of the projects they were doing, and the questions included my research projects, class projects on data mining, parallel programming, and C++. And at last they asked two C++ programming problems without coding, just providing thought.

Interview Questions

• two C++ programming problems without coding, just providing thought.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

The company came for campus career fair. Then I received a coding interview question through mail. We were given two hours time to solve that question and send it back. I submitted the coding back. According to me I did well.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

It was a good interview. I met with different people and they asked me questions about my experience and how it would relate to the job that I am applying for. There were very pleasant and it seems like they are a good company to work for. They also asked about how I can help HP grow.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than than the other applicants for this position?   Answer Question

New Graduate Program Interview

Interview

I don't recommend any body to waste your time to prepare interview in HPE. Whole recruitment process took 2.5 months. They don't know how to respect employees time and effort. HR people are very busy, They don't even care about your problems. You need to beg them to process your Onboarding. They don't provide any information to new employees unless until you send them loads of emails. They even forget about your start date and when you email them regarding your start date then they will give you another new start date. You need to be very patient to join in HPE after getting the offer, because of HR team busy schedule you need to be unemployed for months also.
    I really don't have any words to appreciate them for their negligence.

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Long background check. Took awhile to begin working after I was hired, I had to get a job in between since it was taking so long. Dress nice for the interview, that seemed to help out quite a bit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a difficult experience with a customer and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2016.

Interview

Call from recruiter a couple days after applying online. Interview with 3 managers the next week. Was very professional. Seem to be a little lost starting up call center for only PC/Laptop/printer sales. No enterprise products...wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with customer objections.   1 Answer

Regional Deployment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

I had been working for the company on a contract basis and was referred to a FTE position by an employee. I reached out to the hiring manager and went through a face-to-face interview. Then over the next three weeks, I met with four additional individual interviews (face-to-face and phone) with other influencers selected by the hiring manager. Received offer within three weeks of first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you solved a complex problem at a previous job.   Answer Question

Strategic Development Analyst Interview

Interview

phone interview with hiring manager with basic questions, followed by 2 phone interviews with another 3 team members or project stakeholders with behavioral and supply chain concept questions. I was asked how much paint to use for painting a Boeing 767

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

I first got a call from the hiring manager, then got another call from the team members. Then third call again from the hiring manager to discuss about salaries and got the informal offer.

Interview Questions

• What tool do you prefer to use for data modelling and why ?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

They scheduled 5 30-min phone interviews comprised of my potential new Director, 2 of his Director peers, 2 of my potential peers (1 Manager, 1 Individual Contributor) and 1 45-min F2F with the VP. Included a variety of interview styles - standard questions, behavioral questions and situational questions.