Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017
2,851 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2016.

Interview

Very easy and quick took about two weeks to receive an offer. Interviewer was very nice and followed up throughout the entire process. Would definitely recommend to a friend. No face to face contact, all done over the phone.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview was very friendly. the questions asked in the interview by the interviewer were questions that were mostly about basics of the field I was applying for, that you must already know was for software engineer. The interview which was for two hours was split into sections of 1 hour each. The 1st one hour was taken by one person, and the second hour was taken by another person. At the end of each interview session I was given opportunity to ask questions. This was great. strait forward. Technical. Data Structure Programming skills Algorithms Word Count Space

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

very quick. lasted 10 minutes or less, 2 people were on the call. only the procurement manager asked questions only. very quick and very brief questions. not too much detail, The easiest interview I have ever had. I have had many. .

Interview Questions

• why you? the ever popular : " Tell me about yourself " , where are you from ? not too much thought put into the questions. Seems like the manager did not care .   2 Answers

Provider Representatibe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

Panel of interviewers, behavioral questions were asked. There were about 5 people in the room with the direct manager included. There was a rotation of going between employees and they would ask questions one by one and would write down your answers as you spoke. The interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult co-worker or person in the workplace.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The interview process was reduced to a knowledge test in a field that was different from the field for position for which the interview was purportedly being conducted. Apparently a group leader from a different work group became interested and intercepted the process but failed to alert the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Specific and grueling test of knowledge in an area different from the job sought and for which the interview was originally scheduled   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Roseville, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Initially, there was a phone interview which was fairly straight-forward. If you know the basics of project management, you will have no problems with the phone interview. Do you know the phases of a waterfall project? Do you know the difference between waterfall and agile? Do you have your PMP? Can you plan a party? If you know all of these, then you'll be fine.

The onsite panel interview is with 3 or 4 employees. You will be asked how you use a project scheduling software package to manage projects. They're looking for both personality, knowledge and overall ability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial salary offer was low. If you have a rate in mind, let them know and see if they will match your rate or come close.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. We went through a phone interview first. Then they call you in for a one on one interview at their office. If they like you then you get a call back within a week.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by hiring manager in on-campus recruiting fair.
    In a week, hiring manager contacted me for interview.

1st round of interview was general resume discussion with hiring manager in-person at my college.
    2nd round was telephonic technical interview and it was quite simple.

I was again contacted by hiring manager and discussed as why I wanted to join this position and job-details.

This entire process lasted for around 1 month and after a month I was replied by HR that they found a better candidate.

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Usually you get in contact with a recruiter or someone from HR via phone and email, they basically want to understand your experience, interests, and why you want to join the company. They also explain to you how the hiring process will work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for HP US?   1 Answer
    • How could you describe the difference between Html5, Css3, Javascript?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. Had two interviews, both over the phone. The first with the recruiter and the second with the manager of the branchI'd be working under, the recruiter and a third person working in the company. All parties were late to the call on the second interview and I was only given the remainder of the 30 minute call to talk about the job. Irritating but still got the right words out.

Interview Questions

• Take about two minutes to describe what makes you the best candidate for this position.   Answer Question