Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017
2,837 Interview Reviews

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Multiple Interviews with sales management and sales team. Starts with a recruiter finding you and going through the process. Can take a couple of weeks to secure an interview, the process take about 5-6 weeks overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example where you disagreed with your boss and was right   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

submitted resume in career fair. was asked basic questions in java and networking and about the things written in resume.then got the call from the recruiting team. Next week they came to campus. Then had an interview for 1 hour. Then called to onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• asked basic java, networking questions and data structures and algorithms.   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

The review was done over the phone, and was pretty straightforward. Since HP is an international company, you might get reviewed by people who are in different locations. Expect general technical questions pertinent to the job you are applying for. Make sure that you know your stuff. They may also try to gauge your general personality to see if you will be a fit in their culture. If having a face to face interview make sure you are in formal attire.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about SOA and web services.   1 Answer

Solutioning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florida State, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Florida State, FL).

Interview

Had screening interview with HR, wanted to hire me for less than desired. Gave them minimum salary expectations, they worked the job code to achieve. Extensive process with HR, had two interviews with management via the phone with two levels. Onboarding process took about one month.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience, give examples of other deals and how I contributed personally. Behavioral Based interview style with Director and VP.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Very good, interviewed several people in the group I would be working with. You interview with people you work with and then you interview with the Director and the Vice President of the Group. The interviews were positive. I got asked many questions about my experience and how it would relate to the job. There were no "hard nosed" difficult interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Federal Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

The process started with an internal HP headhunter. The headhunter was very hard to reach or nail down for a time to interview. Times were scheduled and he was unable to keep the appointment. Once I finally got past this step I interviewed (phone) with the Manager looking to fill the position. I passed that interview and had another with a counterpart who was in a different position within HP. That also went well and I was told that both interviews went well and they wanted to move forward and would call me the following week to setup an in person interview. The call never came. I made calls to both managers and headhunter to inquire about next steps and received no replies. Two weeks letter I received an form email saying the position was no longer open. Not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• How I prospected for new business?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Plano, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Got connected with a campus recruiter at a career fair, someone form HR followed up within a week. The process was straightforward; made it to the second round of interviews and decided that large corporation life wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• What are the different components of a computer?

What is your sales process?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Emailed recruiter about the job. Set up an interview on campus that explained the job. Interview was mostly behavioral. After a few weeks I got another email, this time from a project leader. Set up a phone interview shortly after. This time it was somewhat technical pertaining to the project I would be working on. Received an offer shortly after.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

It took 1 week. In one day I attended 3 calls. HR called me first asked few details about me, my status, Location preference, travel. Then Team Lead called me and It went 50 mins. Its a pure technical interview and then Manager called me and asked few technical questions and discussed about the team and project they are working on. Next day I got call from them confirming the job.

Interview Questions

• Server tuning, Performance issues, Profile usage KVM logs, Datasource connection issues, Identifying memory leaks. and many other technical questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was HR round, where mostly behavioral questions were asked, like, why you want to work for HP, Describe your favorite project etc. Then, second round was on-site, where 3 rounds were conducted. Mostly questions were based on Resume and projects discussion. Other questions were logical and behavioral.