Hewlett-Packard Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Phone Screening for about 45 mins with general HR questions and few behavioural questions
Skype Interview was more than one hour was resume walk- through and more technical questions were asked on spring and hibernate. Questions about web
logistics
Questions about testing tools were asked

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write a code for creating an account on bank webpage in time span of 5 mins   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Madison, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with a co-worker and manager. Reviewed past work experience and did some white boarding. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Negotiation

no negotiation, hired as a contractor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied throughout the HP career site. About a month later the hiring manager emailed me to setup a time for a phone interview. However I ended up having a phone interview with his lead java engineer. The phone interview was quite easy and quick. Then I was invited for an in person interview next week. This interview lasted about 3 hours. For each hour I interviewed with two different people, which makes 6 people in total. I was not given an offer but the lead engineer offered me his recommendation for other HP positions. All of the interviewers were very kind and friendly. The technical questions require some preparation if your knowledge is not fresh enough.

Interview Questions

• What are the join types (inner join, outer join), describe what they are?   Answer Question
    • What is garbage collection in java, can you start it when you want?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dublin, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of telephonic rounds of two or more people at the time grilling on software fundamentals. Data Structures, Enterprise Java Beans - Transaction Management. Describing in detail about current projects was more lengthy but exhausting process. In the end I got the offer which I joined 3 months later.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2017.

Interview

I am redy for immediate joing..but I need to know is there any vacancies for Freshers. As a web developer or a Java developer. Because I am comfortable for both the feild. If anybody is believing people's self talents give me an opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How can I get a job in Hp company. Because that's my Aim..?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Had 4 rounds. One written test, 2 technical and one Managerial round. Written was all about knowing your basics in core java. 2nd round again was all the core Java questions and couple of spring question as it was there on my resume. 3rd round was pretty tough and taken by senior developers of the project. Question were bit tricky but answerable.

Interview Questions

• How do you call finalize method before Garbage Collector does?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2015.

Interview

There will be only one interview and it will be a technical interview. There were 2 interviewers in the panel. All the questions were average and they helped when stuck in any problem. Discussed previous company experiences. Questioned what is the most difficult problem I have solved in my career and how I approached it.

Interview Questions

• Explain Spring's design pattern?   2 Answers

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Cluj-Napoca (Romania)) in February 2013.

Interview

Sent out my CV and was called to a technical interview. There were two interviewers shooting questions. After i explained what i have done in the past the questions begun. They started with thread synchronization when adding/getting elements from a list, then talked about sockets and serialization. Moved on to data base related question (ex many to many implementation), then some networking questions

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Interview

A phone Interview about getting to know you.

An On-site Interview with two, two on one interviews. First one was technical, the other was about communication.

They were all really nice people which made it easier to communicate with them.

Now waiting for the step next in the process.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 principles of OO programming and please describe each one.   Answer Question