Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in London, England

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Experienced Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through the online portal, and received a telephone call from HR two days afterwards. The interview process was clearly communicated to me, and I was incredibly impressed with how smoothly everything went. Everyone I spoke to throughout the process was extremely friendly and professional, asking challenging questions whilst allowing me to feel relaxed enough to be myself. Of all the interviews I have experienced during my career, these were the most enjoyable and gave the most favourable impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Some traditional competency questions, and other less traditional questions that make you think!   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer so it was not necessary.

Business Executive Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for a general marketing internship through the HP website, a few days later I was contacted by someone from the HR department with a slightly different job that I was still interested in, a few days later I had an initial screening interview with HR, and then a few days later I was contacted to arrange a second interview with the hiring manager. Because I was out of the country the allowed me to do both interviews by phone. I was told in the second interview that I was one of three final candidates and a decision would be made in three days.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your greatest weakness?   1 Answer
    • How do you manage your schedule during the week?   1 Answer
    • How do you work with long term deadlines   Answer Question
    • Very typical strengths and weakness questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Graduate Development Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job online and within 2 weeks I received a call from an HP recruiter to arrange a telephone interview which I conducted 2 days later. The telephone interview went well and it was a series of competency based questions and questions based upon my knowledge of the company. I would recommend researching the company in depth, the role and sound confident and clear when answering the questions.

I received a call just over a week afterwards from the recruiter to confirm that I was through the next stage of the application and that I had to conduct another interview with the hiring manager for the role. The questions were more on my previous work experience, a few competency based questions and questions on past experiences to gain a better understanding on my character and how I approached certain situations. I was informed over the phone that I was through to the final stage of the recruitment process. My advice would be to clearly emphasise key things you have done in your previous work experience and try and relate it to the job role as they take a keen interest in your past experiences and sound very confident when doing so.

For the final stage I had to do a presentation on a topic they provided me with and conduct a face to face interview with 2 recruiting managers and current employee on the graduate scheme. Prior to this I received a call and an email providing me with information on what the topic of the presentation was and who would be interviewing me. The presentation was 15-20 minutes with the interviewers asking questions in relation to the points stated on the presentation. I then had to answer a few questions on my work experience and situational based questions to highlight how I approach certain situations. I then had the opportunity to ask a few questions at the end. The presentation and interview process is very relaxing as they make you feel relaxed from the offset and they are very friendly in their approach so there was no need to worry.

I was then contacted by telephone and informed later the same day of conducting the final face to face interview that I was successful.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult. The only difficult questions may be questions based on your presentation topic during your presentation. I would recommend ensuring that you thoroughly research the topic as this bolds well in the final process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was negotiating as they gave you a very good base salary with a bonus joining fee.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

3 stage process
    The first stage required mock presentation and was interviewed by 3 people, the subsequent interviews were with more senior stakeholders 1:1. The hardest interview was the last interview which was held in a huge, dark board room and it was 1:1 with a very senior member in the organisation. Once I stopped feeling so small in such a big room I found my stride.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the analyst called in sick on the morning of a big presentation?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

3 interviews in total (1 telephone, 2 face to face)
    The first interview (telephone) was information on the business unit and structure of how they work.
    2nd interview face to face with other managers was on my education and experience to date.
    3rd and final interview with other managers was on my education and work experience with some business and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Discussion centred around my CV (experiences, education and some situational)
      What I have studied?
      What I know about the organisation and the industry? (typical interview questions)   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Single interview with hiring manager, my management and sales parnter. Pertinent questions to the role and about past experience but not a structured interview. Absolutely had to research the company for which the role applied.

Interview Questions

• Open, leading questions as well as specific, trasnferable skills and experience questions   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Everyone involved seemed professional and friendly. The London office is very fancy and a little intimidating. Visiting was quite an experience!

The phone interview was mostly to assess background and personality. The face-to-face interview was more involved with regards to technical details and how and where I would fit into the company.

Interview Questions

• One of those 'aha' questions: how do you optimally calculate the coins to provide in change via an algorithm?   Answer Question

The pay was not great for London, and the company has acquired something of a reputation for poor employee satisfaction.

Deal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

There was a gap between the initial application and being contacted for an interview. The interview was a two step process. The first was a telephone interview followed by a face to face including a presentation to the hiring manager and the future line manager

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Two 1-on-1 interviews with more senior technical specialists at Autonomy's London office.
    The first interview discussed the nature of the position, checked that I had a thorough understanding of the company's products and asked a number of quite standard logic/algorithm questions.
    The second interview seemed more like a formality, it only lasted for 10 minutes and was only verifying my CV.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm in pseudo-code to check if two strings are anagrams of each other. What is the complexity of the algorithm?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview with this company. They asked some interesting questions. I answered them. Could not come to relationship.