Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview was very friendly. the questions asked in the interview by the interviewer were questions that were mostly about basics of the field I was applying for, that you must already know was for software engineer. The interview which was for two hours was split into sections of 1 hour each. The 1st one hour was taken by one person, and the second hour was taken by another person. At the end of each interview session I was given opportunity to ask questions. This was great. strait forward. Technical. Data Structure Programming skills Algorithms Word Count Space

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Quick and to the point with upper management/decision makers from the beggining. The initial interview was with the recruiting department of HP to qualify you for moving forward in the process. The 2nd and 3rd interview were within 2 days of the first. The second interview was with the VP of the west and so was the third when he flew in to town the very next day to meet in person. The final interview was with the President of our entire division. I had the decision the next morning that I was on board.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions around my experience, book of business, my past experiences, where I see the industry heading and current trends.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple they matched current salary but the HP commission structure was far and beyond what I have ever even heard of for a sales rep.

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was a conventional interview with the manager asking a wide variety of questions regarding my background and skill set. She inquired about how my past experiences related to the current job opening and how I felt I could add value to the organization. I responded by saying that my extensive technical knowledge of the computer services industry would be a valuable asset to the company.

Interview Questions

• How can your past work experiences help this company grow and prosper?   Answer Question

Senior Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First the interview was done over the phone for about half an hour. Mostly about technical questions. Then in the 1:1 interview, they asked about various situation you may face on the job and how to resolve them. The outcome of this interview was that I got a job offer.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my university career fair and he interviewed me later that night. It was fairly laid back with a few technical questions. He e-mailed me and told me he wanted to bring me in for another interview but after I responded, he never contacted me again.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Irvine, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Very straightforward, no surprises. They generally want you to have researched the role, company and the culture as best as possible. Have questions ready. If you can dig in to the specifics of the role - expectations, etc - and timing of expectations - you'll be better prepared to accept if they offer a position. No stumpers in the process

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

HP Recruiter sent email regarding phone interview time and details of position. Hiring manager and team members conducted 2 rounds of phone interview. Offer was extended after the phone interviews were done.

Interview Questions

• About challenging projects technology and business process   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Process is straight forward, and can take 2-3 weeks for contact.

Standard phone interview about strengths weakness and may include some questions on your past abilities.

In house interview can contain an internal HR rep and generally the manager of the team you could be assigned too, also the more technical the role expect more people in the room such as other team members could be asked to join to assist in the interview.

Technical questions generally are not hard if you know what your doing, if you don't know the answer try not to make up something and would be better to answer it like you would seek assistance from another member of the team or such.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions would vary depending on the job, there are no set of questions that could be considered standard here. if your going for a programming position expect to be drilled on some standard questions how would you start a project and how do you write code; how well do you document your code.

You may or may not get questions on please write a java script on pulling information from a table questions (this is an example) most of the time there we are looking for how do you come up with your answer the best practice on securing a SQL code. you wont be expected to know every little bit about everything in programming I have 21 years of experience and still don't but the more your diversified in your skill sets the better it will be.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask what you required of your base pay, if it is in range they will counter and most of the time find something in between this since your job code will always reflect a change in pay.

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Irvine, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview process was 3 weeks long consisting of a phone interview and then an in person interview. They asked a lot of "common sense" questions to see where my thinking process level was at

Interview Questions

• Didn't have a difficult question, just questions about my past work   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate much, they presented an offer and I had the option to accept or decline