Hewlett-Packard Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Manager Interview Questions

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2015.

Interview

After being contacted by the recruiter, a phone interview was setup with the hiring manager. At the scheduled time, the hiring manager called and the interview was conducted over the phone. The hiring manager was cordial, professional and friendly. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and I was told that he had other candidates to interview and that a decision would be made by the end of the year for a January 2016 start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience managing a similar department.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Must submit application online; Phone calls were received for initial screening; Group interview style to go through a set of one-on-one interview sessions; some of these sessions were conducted via conference calls.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

Interview

There was an initial HR screening phone interview to check skills, reason for applying, and education. Took about 30 minutes. Two weeks later, the hiring manager arranged a phone screen interview. If selected, there will then be a panel in-person or video teleconference interview.

You could tell the hiring manager either hadn't interviewed for awhile or the HP HR department makes them stick to the usual suspect list of questions to ask: Strengths, Weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Usually an interview starts with an opening and story with the "getting to know you", but the manager first asked- what questions do you have about the job? Slightly threw me off because I'm used to listening for cues during the interview to then ask a probing question near the end.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Phone interviews

Negotiation

Set salary. No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

- 2 phone screens
    - 3 in person interviews

Reasonably structured process, interviewed with team; offer decision was made within a week and communicated. Interviews were typical with some behavioral and personal questions. Seemed to depend quite a bit on how much you got along with the interviewer. Offer letter received within another week with 2 weeks to make decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated on pay (moderate increase on base pay; lot more flexibility on starting bonus)

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Few technical questions and more questions about you and current role and scope. Very people oriented questions and look for the right fit at first interview. 2nd interview generally looking at your soft-skills. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What is one most difficult challenge you faced and how you go about overcoming it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

5 long interviews but challenging. Overall it was excellent. They tried to check almost everything through skills test, simulation, presentation, case study... it was stressfull but by the end I managed to receive a good offer and the huring managers are really friendly and professionals!

Negotiation

No negociations

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

asked about resume, expectation from company, some ideas on product

Interview Questions

• on the spot identify a product idea in a given scenario   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Interview really tough; Many levels of interview; Good work culture; however very high level of 'Manager' influence in decisions. Restricted 'Freedom'

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much

Manager Interview

Interview

5 interviews
    2 from business units