Hewlett-Packard Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Network Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Herndon, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online in the morning and was contacted the same day by HR. Thirty-minute phone interview one week later. Mostly behavioral questions and an explanation of my technical background with my future manager and several other employees, followed by an offer letter the following week. Most communication was done by e-mail and phone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Fort Knox, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Knox, KY).

Interview

phone interview then in person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

here is what you get

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

my first interview with HP was good, the questions was mainly about my background and what I want kind of projects I want to work on.

Interview Questions

• there was no difficult question since it was the first interview.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews one general and one technical. Both interviews were done over the phone. the interviews were a few days apart. I revived a call less than 2 weeks later. The interview was was not too difficult. The toughest part was the technical interview. Overall the interview process was good.

Interview Questions

• What are/describe the 7 layers of the OSI model.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Littleton, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview Process was good and the process for interviewing went for 3 hrs.
    But still people are nice from front end but we can say anything whats going in their mind.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions...alll was easy .Still People are not nice .   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2011.

Interview

straight forward 5-6 easy questions related to network and firewall and scenario based questions. all general questions nothing product specific. I was refered by my friend. overall good management and process. Manager taking the interview was head of the network tower and spoke about different customer they support

Anonymous Employee in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Rio Rancho, NM) in September 2010.

Interview

First there was an initial 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. Then there was a group interview with the team I'd be working with.

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

Hiring via Refrence and got selected. after i that i continue my study for CCNP bcoz its better to Learn compare to earn. Keep Learning and keep update.....

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in September 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is long. It takes about 1-3 months and there are several interviews. The first interview is over the phone with an HR employee - they check your language skills and ask about desired salary. The second interview is with technical personal - you take a technical test and you get a lot of questions in you desired field of work (in my case - network related questions). If you pass the second, there is a third interview with the manager / Technical Lead of the team - the questions here are once again about desired salary and you can get more information regarding the team, your responsibilities and other organizational questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest thing you have achieved in your life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

From my experience, HP has a more or less fixed salary margins for every position. If you ask for less than the minimum, they most likely will propose more (their minimum or around it). If you ask for more that there maximum for the position, it is likely that they will ask you to reconsider your desired salary.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

This was only the first stage of the interview, but all went well. Next stage is to attend a face to face interview, then hopefully a job offer!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a priority 1 incident occured due to a change that you made.   1 Answer