Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.7

Contact Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very good. Interviewers were engaging, and they explained the job requirements quite well. I liked their forthright manner, as well as their questions about my past work, which showed they had actually reviewed my resume closely.

Interview Questions

• Am I am able to work overtime , extra hours with little advance notice?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

It took 1 week. In one day I attended 3 calls. HR called me first asked few details about me, my status, Location preference, travel. Then Team Lead called me and It went 50 mins. Its a pure technical interview and then Manager called me and asked few technical questions and discussed about the team and project they are working on. Next day I got call from them confirming the job.

Interview Questions

• Server tuning, Performance issues, Profile usage KVM logs, Datasource connection issues, Identifying memory leaks. and many other technical questions.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The phone interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. It was straightforward and simply about background and knowledge that was limited to the job specifics. Followup was sparse and after a couple weeks they replied that I was not selected for the next round of interviews.

Customer Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Randolph, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

My interview was a phone interview with the Customer Delivery Manager. It was a fairly standard interview process and lasted only about 20 minutes. Questions were the usual interview questions you could expect. Manager was extremely friendly on the phone.

Electrical/Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Asked some HR related questions and some technical questions. Then I was brought onsite for an interview. The interview was with 3 different engineers who touched on different topics. One was for computer architecture, another for basic electrical engineering and the third was for VLSI. Was given an offer the next day.

R&D Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Onsite interview consisting of 1 hour easy "get to know you" conversation with potential manager and 1 hour technical interview with 4 mechanical engineers in the room asking design questions. Very straightforward, not difficult.

Interview Questions

• What materials would you use to design certain things. How do certain things work.   Answer Question

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

The Process is simple, I was contacted through an agent who represented a contract staffing company - then I submitted my resume. Without any formal interview process, I was on board with HP. Since they trust your working history you feel that you are honored and then started spending lots of time on the work. It ends up one of the best working experiences for me, since I love working remotely and really focus on the technical issues.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Phone screening interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, on-site interview with group

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Rsd Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

two face to face one phone- went as well as expected. they seemed to have a decent system in order as im sure they've been doing this for decades. was excited when i move on to the next interview

Interview Questions

• favorite tv show and book i last read   1 Answer

Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The phone screen followed by onsite meeting and I was interviewed by approx. 6 people. The questions ranged from behavioral types to technical. The phone screen followed by onsite meeting and I was interviewed by approx. 6 people. The questions ranged from behavioral types to technical.