Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2017

2.9

Contact Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very good. Interviewers were engaging, and they explained the job requirements quite well. I liked their forthright manner, as well as their questions about my past work, which showed they had actually reviewed my resume closely.

Interview Questions

• Am I am able to work overtime , extra hours with little advance notice?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The phone interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. It was straightforward and simply about background and knowledge that was limited to the job specifics. Followup was sparse and after a couple weeks they replied that I was not selected for the next round of interviews.

Electrical/Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Asked some HR related questions and some technical questions. Then I was brought onsite for an interview. The interview was with 3 different engineers who touched on different topics. One was for computer architecture, another for basic electrical engineering and the third was for VLSI. Was given an offer the next day.

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

The Process is simple, I was contacted through an agent who represented a contract staffing company - then I submitted my resume. Without any formal interview process, I was on board with HP. Since they trust your working history you feel that you are honored and then started spending lots of time on the work. It ends up one of the best working experiences for me, since I love working remotely and really focus on the technical issues.

Rsd Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

two face to face one phone- went as well as expected. they seemed to have a decent system in order as im sure they've been doing this for decades. was excited when i move on to the next interview

Interview Questions

• favorite tv show and book i last read   1 Answer

Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The phone screen followed by onsite meeting and I was interviewed by approx. 6 people. The questions ranged from behavioral types to technical. The phone screen followed by onsite meeting and I was interviewed by approx. 6 people. The questions ranged from behavioral types to technical.

Human Resources MAP Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Very casual conversation, not behavioral based. Not sure if they usually have behavioral interviews but I was expecting some and didn't get any. It was mostly a casual talk about HR in general, the state of HP, and tasks involved with HR. For those screened past the first interview, there is a case presentation, and then offers are made.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, just questions about why I wanted to work at HP, why a career in HR, etc.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY).

Interview

- 2 phone interviews
    - 1 full in person interviews with 2 people

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't much of a negotiation

Technology Consultant IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews with program manager, practice area leader and solution architect.

Interview Questions

• What is your outlook about the information management industry for the next one year?   Answer Question

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

HR calls first for a telephone interviews. Questions are related to relevant experiences and skills qualified for the job and career goals.

The on-site interview involves Q and A's. Why do you think you would be a good fit?
    Following that is a 30 minute technical test, mostly troubleshooting, generating pseudocodes to solve problems, interpreting codes and brainteasers.

Interview Questions

• Reading 3 pages of code and explain the function   1 Answer