Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I met one-on-one with three executives for about 20 minutes each. Each interviewer first asked me to describe my previous job experience and what I had been doing recently. They then asked several questions, both standard interview questions and questions meant to elaborate on my experiences and resume. The interviewers also told me about what they do and oversee in their various departments and a little about the company in general. The atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What recent product launch did you find to be particularly successful? Unsuccessful?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

They scheduled 5 30-min phone interviews comprised of my potential new Director, 2 of his Director peers, 2 of my potential peers (1 Manager, 1 Individual Contributor) and 1 45-min F2F with the VP. Included a variety of interview styles - standard questions, behavioral questions and situational questions.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The interview process was reduced to a knowledge test in a field that was different from the field for position for which the interview was purportedly being conducted. Apparently a group leader from a different work group became interested and intercepted the process but failed to alert the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Specific and grueling test of knowledge in an area different from the job sought and for which the interview was originally scheduled   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. We went through a phone interview first. Then they call you in for a one on one interview at their office. If they like you then you get a call back within a week.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

submitted resume in career fair. was asked basic questions in java and networking and about the things written in resume.then got the call from the recruiting team. Next week they came to campus. Then had an interview for 1 hour. Then called to onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• asked basic java, networking questions and data structures and algorithms.   1 Answer

IT Onsite End User Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager emailed the same day I applied. I didn't have any work experience, and they wanted to know if I'd done any projects. I said I had, in college.

Unfortunately, I guess I didn't have what they were looking for, and chose not to go any further in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any relative work experience such as internships?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Must submit application online; Phone calls were received for initial screening; Group interview style to go through a set of one-on-one interview sessions; some of these sessions were conducted via conference calls.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview 1st month, then 2 months later I was called in for an interview at company location. I interviewed with 3 people. Lasted 2 hours. I am waiting to hear back from them regarding if they want to hire me.

Senior Associate, Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewers were very patient and smart people. The interview was difficult - probably because my background is valuations and the role was strategic. The interview process is quick, it took a week for me to reach second round.
    Be quick in your answers and prepared for supplementary questions.
    Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• 1).Case related to HP - HP's products have a great awareness among consumers, but they lack in sales in comparison to its competitors? How would you market and increase HP's revenue
      2). Brain teaser - how many phone booths are there in NYC
      Answer Question

Global Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

2 separate phone calls - one with a future peer and the other with the hiring manager.
    Great questions, casual interview, focused on your interest to work for the company first and then, the questions became incrementally harder to figure out as to whether you ARE a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Strengths & weaknesses
      What you need to improve on
      Future aspirations
      How many people have you managed in the past?
      Provide concrete examples showing leadership skill, ability to work with contentious individuals.
      Answer Question