Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews (recruiter, manager, and peer) totaling about 3 hours and 1 on-site panel interview in Palo Alto (Case study, personality fit, and behavioral questions) which totaled 3 hours. It seemed like a very detail oriented process where HR strategy skills were very important. This process took over 3 months. All questions were concerning HR organization development and things specifically from you resume.

Interview Questions

• Case Study: How would you enable the sales team going through the divestiture (HP is separating into 2 companies)?   Answer Question

MBA Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I met HP at one of the national conferences and immediately hit it off with the team. Everyone was super nice and really pleasant to speak with. They seem to have a great culture

The first interview was in person at the conference and we just talked about my interest in the company. The second interview was in CA (there was an expedited process for MBA students). The company brought in 6 students from all around the country and put us up in NICE hotels. They really rolled out the red carpet. Each candidate had 3 interviews and a lunch that day with other HP interns.

Honestly, it was great and I regret not taking the offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty standard (why HP, what do you want to do within HP, tell me about a time you lead a project, etc.)   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with dozens of questions, some of which were very ambiguous. Many questions had multiple answers based on the assumed subject or emphasis. Was this done to confuse the interviewee? Or, to check his/her knowledge or lack of it?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about vector graphics?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

They came to my campus, and there was an initial screening interview of 30 minutes with a senior-level employee. I got offered a second round on the spot at the interview, and the second round took place about a week later at the campus. The second round was an all-day event that involved four separate 45 minute interviews with senior level employees. Got the offer call 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Here's a list of transactions on the white board: make a balance sheet and income statement?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Starts with phone screening that leads to on-site face to face interview. The on-site face to face interview was held in a relaxed environment. I was given a chance to explain difficult concepts on the white board.

Interview Questions

• More focus on behavioral aspects of Program Management. Was allowed to share professional documents authored by me from previous jobs   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Easy, friendly. They put me completely at ease which enabled me to think clearly, and answer accurately. This is one of the biggest flaws at most interviews, where the process becomes an inquisition. Not so here. It was more a conversational style.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Worst recruiting process experience in 20 years!

Recruiter reached out regarding several opportunities that I might be interested in. Discussed what with the recruitter what a best fit would be and what I was interested in. Then nothing. I followed up several times over the next few weeks.

After three months, a coordinator reached out with an urgent request to interview the following week. I confirmed the role they wanted to discussed. They scheduled and then rescheduled twice with an interview that took place two months laters.

At the interview, there were executives from three separate divisions. They all asked questions which were neither aligned to the opportunity discussed with the recruiter nor my experience.

No doubt I should have been suspicious with the delays, but how could both HR and Executives agree to use their time to interview for an executive position with someone whose experience does not align with the role they are looking for.

No wonder why HP continues to flounder!

Interview Questions

• What do you think HP need's to do to improve?   Answer Question
    • Other questions were technical in nature and specific to the role: how would you go about .... with follow on questions to delve deeper into a topic   Answer Question

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Interview

College Hire process was excellent. The person came to the campus and was very professional providing information about HP and the jobs they were hiring for. After that a recruiter picked up my resume and I was called in for 2 other interviews for 2 different opportunities. Both were all day interviews taking me to lunch and the first one I did not get hired but was hired for the 2nd opportunity.

Interview Questions

• It's been so long ago I don't remember the questions that was asked.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was reached out by hiring manager, had a phone interview and was brought in for an onsite-interview the following week. Had basic scripting questions and was hired a week later.

Interview Questions

• Write a script to parse a generated log file and display certain portions complete with timestamps, and have it repeat every hour (time can be changed to anything user wanted)   Answer Question

HP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

3 rounds
    1. general