Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Pontiac, MI | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in Pontiac, MI

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Pontiac, MI).

Interview

The goal is being comfortable with computers, IT, customer service skills. First step is a phone screen, after which an on site interview is schedule. The on site interview was very friendly. Also, management is very quick. An offer was extended within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Similar to What would you do if you computer shut down   1 Answer

Network Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Pontiac, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

One on one interview after initial arrangement over the phone. This was an initial arrangement by recruiter in order to establish profile for looking for work opportunities. The recruiter will use the profile to match with clients looking for my skill sets.

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Pontiac, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

First contacted by Adecco recruiter twice with a 2 month time frame. First time I was teaching. Second time I was sick of teaching. I had two interviews. One with recruiter at Adecco and the second with recruiter at HP. Both interviews were by phone. Did not meet Adecco recruiter until after they made an offer then I had to fill out paper work, show IDs and take drug test. Then had training classes for the department I was hired into.

Interview Questions

• I was asked tech questions by both recruiters. What are Cookies, how do you create an account and 4 or 5 other basic tech questions and one example on how to handle a caller with an issue on route overseas.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I was said upfront how much was pay and they would not negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Pontiac, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

I interviewed on-site after a brief phone screen. The interview focused on the HP culture, but also on my knowledge of finance and accounting. The person I interviewed with was the hiring manager and was able to brief me on the company culture. The interview was formal, but not intimidating.

Remote Desktop Management II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Pontiac, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

Basic employment history/situational questions (how do you deal with difficult customers/coworkers, what do you like about IT, how do you handle stressful situations, etc...)
    Limited technical questioning (i.e. how would you go about resolving an Outlook problem, what server experience do you have, how would you troubleshoot a printing issue)

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Pontiac, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

First started with an unsolicited e-mail from the manager at HP. Then a few e-mail exchanges where I was asked some basic questions. Then I had a short phone interview with the manager, who was very nice and open. Then I was called in for a face-to-face interview. That interview was gruelling. The manager was there with two programmers - one, I found out after the interview, had a Phd in computer science and seem to enjoy asking questions that showed how much more he knew than the average programmer. He also seemed a little disappointed whenever I got a tough question right. I just wanted it to end after a couple of minutes, but it went on for an hour. After that, it was a half hour with the manager and some other manager who seemed to have an HR type of role, with the typical (and I think useless) behavioral questions. I got an e-mail two days later saying that at this time I wasn't a match for the position.

Interview Questions

• Looking at a page of code for a few minutes and then explain what it did.   1 Answer
    • Nitty gritty series of questions about declaring variables having subtle answers that most professional-level programming books don't even bother to cover.   Answer Question

IT Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Pontiac, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied through website and submitted resume, contacted via phone to setup for an interview date and time. Met with interviewers, not the same as the phone call. Interviewed by two people asking technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a network issue?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Pontiac, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

got a call for HR screening and received invitation for in person interview few days later. interview was very casual...mostly fit questions. none technical. strait fwd process tbh

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Pontiac, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

1 year contract position. Phone interview, 17 minutes. Questions on current nature of job, basically followed job requirements.

Interview Questions

They made a very quick decision within 1 day based on 1 interview less than 20 minutes. When requesting to meet management and team in person, was told that this was 'not allowed'.

Customer Solutions Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Pontiac, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

This position (for Customer Solutions Rep I) was listed on Indeed.com under the category of jobs at $40,000.00 and over. I applied online. An out-of-state outsourced HR rep contacted me and asked several questions and explained the hiring process. She asked what salary range I was looking for and I stated something between 35K and 40K. She states that the pay might not be that high but did not give an actual range and she did not indicate any sort of large difference between what I was asking for and what the company was paying. Several days later a hiring manager contacted me and indicated that the position only pays $10.25 an hour and includes all shifts, weekends, and holidays. She also indicated that they would expect me to remain in this position for a year and a half before I would be considered for other positions within the company. I was very disappointed and felt as though the job listing and first individual I spoke with did not accurately describe and disclose pertinent information about this position.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available and is your schedule flexible?   Answer Question