Hewlett-Packard Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Roseville, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Initially, there was a phone interview which was fairly straight-forward. If you know the basics of project management, you will have no problems with the phone interview. Do you know the phases of a waterfall project? Do you know the difference between waterfall and agile? Do you have your PMP? Can you plan a party? If you know all of these, then you'll be fine.

The onsite panel interview is with 3 or 4 employees. You will be asked how you use a project scheduling software package to manage projects. They're looking for both personality, knowledge and overall ability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial salary offer was low. If you have a rate in mind, let them know and see if they will match your rate or come close.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Austin, TX).

Interview

Easy process. I did a phone interview with a contracting company, a phone interview with my first manager, then an in person interview with the person who would be replacing the first manager. None of them knew much about or asked questions about Project Management. Interview was mostly about situations involving irate "customers".

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Series of telephone interviews. Well done, could tell the hiring manager had a selection of questions he would pick from, so more standardized than most. Very interested in 'fit' as most questions revolved around why do you want this position, what are your long term goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you define a project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with standard questions about past employment history, personality review, and personal questions on goals and ambitions. Drilled into leadership and supervisory experience as well as details on individual contributor roles and responsibilities. Was questioned on my experience in dealing with and leading cross functional groups, teams, and business units and how successful I was with developing those relationships. I was asked to provide a lot of detail of my day to day tasks and how much time was devoted to each.
    spent time as well on core competencies with computer tools and program and project methodologies - tactical and strategic thinking concepts.

Interview Questions

• Skill and background overview
      Ambitions
      personality questions
      1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

All interviews conducted via phone. Interview pretty easy and open. A good number of questions on HP terminology, systems and processes. Interviewed with hiring manager and technical person. Set yourself apart by demonstrating skills and results.

Project Manager () Interview

Interview

.I applied through other source.I got the first call right after I submitted the application.then I had 2 phone interviews with hiring and staff managers .one on site interview. they asked some behavioral questions as well as some technical questions .after 3 weeks HR contacted me and offered the position.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Interview

Information interviewing. A lot of HP terminology, systems and processes. Interviewed with hiring manager and technical person. Plan to set yourself apart. Demonstrate skills and results. Interview pretty easy and open.

Could not relocate

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

short hiring process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

little to none

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one face to face interview. The phone interviews were basic discuss my qualifications and background. Seemed to focus on if personality was a fit.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Started with one phone interview, basic background questions. Then followed up by three on-site interviews with various questions on previous projects, ODM/vendor experiences, and solutions for real-life development issues.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me some creative ways to acquire component samples from a vendor of no partner history? and we need it for engineering validation in two days.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much negotiation. I gave my ideal #, the hiring manager gave his to the HR, and the HR recruiter made the last call. So take it or leave it.