Hewlett-Packard QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard QA Engineer Interview Questions

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Reached out by HR manager first followed by 3 sets of interviews by QA lead,hiring manager and Architects

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dublin, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

Face-to-face with manager who asked a good balance of technical and non-technical questions. He made me feel comfortable and welcome. I was first asked to tell him about myself and my experience. I was asked to elaborate on particular technical instances that I presented. I was also given scenarios of challenges that I have faced/may face in which I was asked to provide my approach in dealing with it.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with SQL queries? Provide examples of queries.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I got a phone call one week with HR from Boston as a screener, talked with the head of QA from Chicago for about an hour the next week. The following week, I was contacted by the Boston HR rep and told to contact the Chicago HR rep for future questions. A couple days after that, I was offered an on-site interview, where they flew me out (expenses paid) and I was interview by a software engineer and 3 QA engineers based on background, skills assessment coding wise, and more stuff on my resume. I was then set up with 2 interviews with 2 separate VPs of departments. 3 months after my last call and bi-weekly contact with the HR rep, I still have heard no word from the hiring manager, despite promises that I would get a call for an offer each time I contacted by phone. Unprofessional to leave me out in the blue after 5 months of contact.

Interview Questions

They never called back after investing a lot of time into me.

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

spoke with the hiring manager, then with a recuiter. the process was fairly normal.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

Very lengthy and deeply technical process. 3 telephonic rounds followed by multiple rounds of f2f discussion in Bangalore. Travel cost was refunded. Senior manager also interviewed. They were quite easy though for the position.

Interview Questions

• Everything on OS and networking. Shell script, C Program, testing concepts, questions on QTP and other testing tools, questions for a Team lead   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in July 2011.

Interview

Quite relaxing. asked about why you like to work in this company. also asked what is your career goal or career plan. what you expect yourself be in 10 years. Talked about previous projects and internships. it's a one to one interview on site. Office is quite good and the environment is relaxing.