Hewlett-Packard Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Sales Manager Interview Questions

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in August 2015.

Interview

I constantly watch the HP Jobs website and look at postings on a regular basis. The first interview was over the phone with an HR person. The 2nd step is a panel interview with 2 peers and the department head. The job was easily scheduled on location with th department head's executive assistant.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 - 10 how lucky are you?   1 Answer
  • How does your experience help you prepare for the responsibilities of this position?   1 Answer
  • Are you willing to relocate to Boise, Idaho?   1 Answer
  • Can you work in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

connected with a friend, who made an introduction. HP uses a resume posting system, so sometimes your resume does not get flagged to the hiring manager. Phone and 2 in person interviews

Interview Questions

• General questions about management style, vision and approach; experience in the industry; how you ramp a sales team and propel it to the next level; how you would connect with your peers in other business units; and your inspection process. Salesforce.com is their CRM system   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Great effective interview with detailed asked questions and with the goal of finding intelligent salesperson for the job. team of interviewers with preparation time given in between each. Overall good experience with great Leadership sales team. Great info on continuing developmentvin company.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Interview

Telephone Interview. In person interview. Hired quickly, but details took a long time.
    Professional interview with specific questions targeted to understand background and experience. Interviewed at company in managers office. Bleek building décor inside, nothing that demonstrates the company culture or personality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter gave me one number during interview phase then came back with a much lower offer. Company not too willing to negotiate after offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

To get to this service requires that I put in color place inter exterior paint and talk about something that is meaningful to the rest of the world like windows 7 and energy efficient printers that sit on my desk. So, if this is something that you find value in fine. I just want to get to the end goal here.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Interviews at multiple regional levels, hr processes are slow, decision is not fast can take months,

Interview Questions

• what would be the 30-60-90 days plan to start in the new role, overview of the business, make the experience relevant   Answer Question

Sale Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2013.

Interview

phone interview

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Almaty (Kazakhstan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Almaty (Kazakhstan)) in August 2011.

Interview

pretty standard questions set. most of the focus was on my connections in public and enterprise sector, sales skills and motivation to change my previous job, a lot of questions about my future plans and whether I plan to relocate (they are looking for long term engagements)

Interview Questions

• What is your strong and weak sides and how do you thing you will be useful for our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was pretty tough considering that HP is a very attractive employer so the interviewer was very demanding

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casablanca (Morocco)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Casablanca (Morocco)) in October 2010.

Interview

2x interviews was done by people based in Dubai by phone
    2x interviews was done locally with the MD and the HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

try to negociate the base salary and the level of management (1;2...)

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in June 2010.

Interview

The interviewers were very professional and concentrated more on what do I currently do and how I do things. there were no silly or jargon questions. I advise all the future candidates to prepare a well understanding of their current market and to show that they have an understanding of the HP's targeted maket or product. knowledge of the market was more important that the knowledge about the products, the ability to learn and adapt and comply to corporate policies seemed the most important.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join HP?   2 Answers
    • How do you sell to corporate accounts? through direct sales or channel sales, and why?   Answer Question