Hewlett-Packard Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Quick and to the point with upper management/decision makers from the beggining. The initial interview was with the recruiting department of HP to qualify you for moving forward in the process. The 2nd and 3rd interview were within 2 days of the first. The second interview was with the VP of the west and so was the third when he flew in to town the very next day to meet in person. The final interview was with the President of our entire division. I had the decision the next morning that I was on board.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions around my experience, book of business, my past experiences, where I see the industry heading and current trends.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple they matched current salary but the HP commission structure was far and beyond what I have ever even heard of for a sales rep.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Multiple Interviews with sales management and sales team. Starts with a recruiter finding you and going through the process. Can take a couple of weeks to secure an interview, the process take about 5-6 weeks overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example where you disagreed with your boss and was right   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Chicago, IL).

Interview

At the time the interview process was based on my overall experience and employee recommendations - I had worked with a few people in past jobs and came highly recommended, based on the software solutions that were hiring.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself five years from now?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Met manager and various team members individually. We did this often to ensure that a person would "fit" with the team dynamics. If the location allowed, it would be in person, if not via call or skype (later on).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Herndon, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone screen. Then I was called in to meet with a panel of technical and sales people. I also needed to do a 20 minute presentation. Not a bad process, but the process felt disjointed.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a telephone interview only. No tough questions. It was clear that they were working on volume rather than quality. I was recruited through a 3rd party contractor so I wasn't a direct "core" employee of Hewlett Packard, which made it easy for them to accept or reject candidates. Or in my case discard them.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions presented whatsoever. After being hired during the first day of training they made it clear that the decision was based on their perception of our personality over the phone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was through 3rd party contractor, the terms were non-negotiable.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview

Decent, but lacked depth of exploring my skills...went too heavily on my resume. Culture seems broken, HP seems lost in the space I was skilled to work in. One potential co-worker actually called me names when I asked about work-life balance....that was all for me.

Interview Questions

Poor market position in delivering Cloud services.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Detroit, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

The phone interview was very pleasant, no challenging questions but they do make you think and explain in detail how you would and have handled certain situations. First the meeting was set up via a screening via HR, then the sales manager at a different date and time, then a peer on the team .

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Rio Rancho, NM) in June 2013.

Interview

At the time when i went in for the interview everyone was dressed in a professional manner. The interview lasted about an hour long while most of the questions were very straight forward and easy to answer. It was a group interview where i had to speak with 3 other managers during this time.

Negotiation

Didn't have much room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Phila, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Good process, basic questions - nothing out of the ordinary. Only interviewed with 2 people - the hiring manager and the director. Job was a good fit for me however the compensation was not there. There was some upside but it was limited which is why I didn't take the job.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your approach to handling a customer conflict.   Answer Question