Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

2.7

Hewlett Packard Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Over the phone, grilled me on my experience, basically went over every part of my resume. Asked me about my experience with regard to material restrictions and such. Focused on any experience I had with business/ marketing people. Told them I didn't have any experience in this area but that I would welcome the learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with data collection and management.   1 Answer

Electrical/Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview in response to my online job submission. A few days after that I went in and had a face to face interview with 4 people. Each one of them had a specific topic (teamwork, technical, personality...) It was a little nerve racking but everyone was really nice and made me feel comfortable.

R&D Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Started with a half hour college fair interview. Followed by a one hour technical phone screen solving statics, dynamics, solid mechanics and fluid dynamics questions over the phone. Followed by a one day on site interview from 8am to 4pm - half was technical, solving engineering problems and half was behavioral - lunch was also part of the interview process. Overall all it was about a month from phone screen to on site interview until offer was given. Recent interviews seem less technical and more behavioral but if you are going for a technical interview you should know your engineering basics.

Interview Questions

• technical- set up and solve free body diagrams; solve partial differential equations.
      behavioral- talk about a conflict you had in a group project and how you worked through it.
      Answer Question

Firmware Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter to apply for this position. A week later I scheduled an in person interview. The in-person interview lasted about 15 minutes and really surprised me about how brief they made it. They asked a few questions about my previous experience and a few technical questions and said I'm qualified for the job and will be hearing back soon. Had to send 2 follow up e-mails to receive the results.

Mechanical Engineering Product Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I attended a school career fair and passed my resume along to the recruiters / engineers that were present. A few weeks after, I got an email from an HP recruiter asking for my availability for a phone interview with one of their engineers. Communication between the recruiter was always very prompt and professional.

The phone interview was a pleasant experience. The engineer I talked to was one of the team leads for one of the product design teams and really knew what he was talking about. Questions were very difficult and covered engineering design, solid mechanics, signals, and fluid mechanics. The engineer I interviewed with explicitly stated that HP standards for all product design positions were extremely high. The phone interview lasted for approximately 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Consider a T-shaped water sprinkler with water coming in from the bottom and exiting on two opposite sides at the top. What fluid flow property causes the sprinkler to rotate as the water leaves the sprinkler?   Answer Question

Firmware Integration Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was quick and short. Met with the contract organizer and the direct manager. Each for about 1 hour. Mostly asked questions like my availability and knowledge of C (source code at HP) and simple questions about how to debug a printing system.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting manager, who asked me about my preferences for a position.

After the initial call, I got 1 HR call asking about the usual team-synergy stuff.

The technical interview was over the phone, and with some general Data Structures questions, asked me to follow a link to a collaborative editing website, where I can write code and he can watch in real time. There were about 4 different coding questions, not too difficult.

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was hired as a training consultant within software. I was brought on as a contract worker and within 6 months I was hired as a full time worker. The interview process for me was very simple and relaxed. Since I did not have any experience with the position I was applying for everything was new to me but I had very good training.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any questions that were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked to be hired as a full time employee within 6 months time and to be a teleworker.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

There was three rounds of interviews based on my previous internship experience and background.

Interview Questions

• I applied for a non-engineering position. No technical questions were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was just with the HR person via email.

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager at the job site and went through the job description, what they were looking for and what the job requirements were. Afterward we talked about my experience and how it fit with the position. She asked a couple of questions, then gave me an opportunity to ask some of my own. Once finished, we took a tour of the office so I'd be familiar with the environment.