Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was HR round, where mostly behavioral questions were asked, like, why you want to work for HP, Describe your favorite project etc. Then, second round was on-site, where 3 rounds were conducted. Mostly questions were based on Resume and projects discussion. Other questions were logical and behavioral.

Consumer Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through an MBA interview forum, and had two 45 minute interviews. The first included short cases (focused on innovation and thinking outside the box), along with a few market sizing questions. The second interview was more behavioral.

The interviewers were great, very smart and extremely helpful with answering questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Short cases on hypothetical product innovation scenarios
      Market sizing
      Behavioral
      Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Gave my resume to the hiring manager at my college career fair. Got a call for a phone screen with the manager after 2 days. Just basic questions on the resume. later scheduled an onsite interview. four rounds of interview with technical interview questions each round. got the offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• 1)string reversal with recursion.
      2)search for a string in a large text file
      3) sort the array and insert a new element and preserve the sorted order
      Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

3 step interview process. 2 phone interviews and 1 in office interview. In office interview lasted just over 3 hours and was an absolute pleasure. Everyone I spoke with was extremely pleasant, which made the interviews go by fast. Everyone had an discussion approach to the interview, so it felt like having a conversion with a colleague.

Interview Questions

• If our service crashes for our client, how do you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Used a Technical Staffing Agency. Phone interview lasted 1 hour. A Contract Job offer was presented 2 days later which I accepted. Worked as a Contractor for 1 year and was then converted to a permanent employee. Worked at HP 6 years and 3 months. Then was laid off via the HP WFR process.

Interview Questions

• I am a Professional current in my field. There were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I already knew what the Salary would be before the Interview.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Usually 3 rounds with a telephone, 1-on-1, then group interview.

Channel Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with several decision makers and in several different formats. Team was very distributed so we met on the phone several times. All were very professional and asked relevant questions. Was unclear on the next steps and often changed meeting times. Once I had the offer, it was about a week to do a background check verifying my past employment and education.

Interview Questions

• Asked for specifics on my experience   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Whole process took about 4 months. Interview with hiring manager and another manager then did a demo fo a panel that included the hiring manager,plus another manager and the director and a final interview with the Manager of the Sales team I'd be working with. This occurred before all the acquisitions. Organization was pretty flat and still had to old HP culture, so I have no idea what the process would be like today, but it was pretty lenghtly when I joined some 7 years ago.

Negotiation

I came from a competitor so the offer was very good. I received a bump on my salary and I was happy with the additional perks to would be getting, so I accepted.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter to submit a resume, and then had short phone interview with one of the analysts. There was only one on-site interview with 4 people, one of whom was a manager. It was overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Brain teasers and coding question that you can answer in pseudocode   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I got couple of calls, two face to face interview, want me to present a sales process, review my background.
    Pretty easy interview 45 min call, second meeting they fly me over Dallas,
    sent me a limo and make me feel as a pimp, but too few people at office

They never answer:
    -Job development career
    -Holidays and benefits
    -Plan for my position
    -Who will be my direct report
    -Why former employee left