Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Corporate Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

3 phone interviews with case studies and 5 in-site interviews. Several standard consulting case studies by phone and FtF interviews.
    People were smart and friendly, questions are challenging and interesting. Most people are from consulting industry and many of them are from India.
    I got no offer and no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Calculate how many hair salons are necessary to have in an average American town   Answer Question
    • Asked about current HP business, what would you change and why   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was HR round, where mostly behavioral questions were asked, like, why you want to work for HP, Describe your favorite project etc. Then, second round was on-site, where 3 rounds were conducted. Mostly questions were based on Resume and projects discussion. Other questions were logical and behavioral.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

I applied this job through my college career fair. The manager who interviews seemed get mad at students since many applications were not fixed with this position. However, he gave us a general advice to pass the interview: prepare, practice, and practice interview questions, and show how you can match with this position.

Consumer Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through an MBA interview forum, and had two 45 minute interviews. The first included short cases (focused on innovation and thinking outside the box), along with a few market sizing questions. The second interview was more behavioral.

The interviewers were great, very smart and extremely helpful with answering questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Short cases on hypothetical product innovation scenarios
      Market sizing
      Behavioral
      Answer Question

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fremont, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone call from the R&D Manager to see if I was a match for the position. Then said 2 developers will follow up with me for interviews. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks, and after following up set up 2 phone interviews(same day, asked me Java/DS/Sorting Ques) and passed them. Then was asked for another phone interview(Mostly resume based and technology I had used) and after passing that invited onsite for an interview. Onsite interview had 3 technical and 1 leadership. The 3 technical had questions about my projects, a puzzle kind of question, Java(static, synchronized, etc), code how to find circular loop in linked list, more resume and other behavioral questions. Was told the decision will be made in a week, but after following up twice and hearing back once about looking into it, haven't heard anything. Almost been a month and a half. Interviews and experience with interviewers were positive, but lack of responsiveness during the process was not. Kind of disappointed in the end as I feel I wasted all my time for no reason.

Interview Questions

• Questions about a synchronized static method and the way they change when object calls the method.   1 Answer

Software Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Ramon, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

(All phone interviews) The interview was only conducted because I had a direct recommendation from an internal rep who has the same role. I spoke with 3 managers then a field rep of the territory I would be covering, to which all of them said that i would be a great fit for the position. No one called. I reached out, no communication. Months later I heard a position was open again and i went through the same process, 3 managers and the field rep of the territory. The hiring manager says they were going to bring me on board but this process was stopped once they found out they weren't allowing any new CA employees. (might have to do with the company split)

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself and why you would be a great fit for this role.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Gave my resume to the hiring manager at my college career fair. Got a call for a phone screen with the manager after 2 days. Just basic questions on the resume. later scheduled an onsite interview. four rounds of interview with technical interview questions each round. got the offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• 1)string reversal with recursion.
      2)search for a string in a large text file
      3) sort the array and insert a new element and preserve the sorted order
      Answer Question

Graduate Signal Integrity Summer/Fremont, CA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Two rounds of phone interview. The manager called me and asked a few basic questions. It seems that they want to hire someone who can work for them for 4-6 months because the they want the intern participate in the entire process of the project.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fremont, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was out on medical leave, so the director requested a telephone interview to see if I was a good fit for his position - which had actually been my position prior to going out on leave....he was a new director, though, so he interviewed me for the job.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

3 step interview process. 2 phone interviews and 1 in office interview. In office interview lasted just over 3 hours and was an absolute pleasure. Everyone I spoke with was extremely pleasant, which made the interviews go by fast. Everyone had an discussion approach to the interview, so it felt like having a conversion with a colleague.

Interview Questions

• If our service crashes for our client, how do you handle that situation?   1 Answer