Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2016

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I met one-on-one with three executives for about 20 minutes each. Each interviewer first asked me to describe my previous job experience and what I had been doing recently. They then asked several questions, both standard interview questions and questions meant to elaborate on my experiences and resume. The interviewers also told me about what they do and oversee in their various departments and a little about the company in general. The atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What recent product launch did you find to be particularly successful? Unsuccessful?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

They scheduled 5 30-min phone interviews comprised of my potential new Director, 2 of his Director peers, 2 of my potential peers (1 Manager, 1 Individual Contributor) and 1 45-min F2F with the VP. Included a variety of interview styles - standard questions, behavioral questions and situational questions.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The interview process was reduced to a knowledge test in a field that was different from the field for position for which the interview was purportedly being conducted. Apparently a group leader from a different work group became interested and intercepted the process but failed to alert the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Specific and grueling test of knowledge in an area different from the job sought and for which the interview was originally scheduled   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. We went through a phone interview first. Then they call you in for a one on one interview at their office. If they like you then you get a call back within a week.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by hiring manager in on-campus recruiting fair.
    In a week, hiring manager contacted me for interview.

1st round of interview was general resume discussion with hiring manager in-person at my college.
    2nd round was telephonic technical interview and it was quite simple.

I was again contacted by hiring manager and discussed as why I wanted to join this position and job-details.

This entire process lasted for around 1 month and after a month I was replied by HR that they found a better candidate.

Web Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It took me a week to schedule first phone interview and it's only about background. HP's HR only writes one email a day, and she even didn't know the job requirement details when talking to me, I've told her that I'm looking for front-end development, and she sent me a link for this web application, but it's totally backend, the first tech interview is kind of embarrassed, it would be much better and save us engineers' time if HR could study job requirement, and candidate's resume, or even ask the career path question in the first phone call.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

submitted resume in career fair. was asked basic questions in java and networking and about the things written in resume.then got the call from the recruiting team. Next week they came to campus. Then had an interview for 1 hour. Then called to onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• asked basic java, networking questions and data structures and algorithms.   1 Answer

IT Onsite End User Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager emailed the same day I applied. I didn't have any work experience, and they wanted to know if I'd done any projects. I said I had, in college.

Unfortunately, I guess I didn't have what they were looking for, and chose not to go any further in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any relative work experience such as internships?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Must submit application online; Phone calls were received for initial screening; Group interview style to go through a set of one-on-one interview sessions; some of these sessions were conducted via conference calls.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview 1st month, then 2 months later I was called in for an interview at company location. I interviewed with 3 people. Lasted 2 hours. I am waiting to hear back from them regarding if they want to hire me.