Hewlett-Packard Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Very informal. I worked directly with the hiring manager to setup interview times. I had an internal contact who put me in touch with the hiring manager. This helped to expedite the scheduling of the interview. The internal recruiters are very busy so the hiring managers often have to sort through resumes so if they get a qualified candidate handed to them they will typically move on it since it saves them time.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly behavioral in nature. "Tell me about a time..." "Share with me your experience in dealing with..." My experience with HP is that they are open to taking related experience versus requiring direct experience in a role. They are able to see how prior experience could relate to a new role and they are willing to take the risk if they see the right characteristics and prior results.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I was asked to create a deck that summarized and make recommendations around the registration flow. Once that was reviewed I was brought in for 5-6 people to interview me in-person. It was the typical mix of Engineering and Product leads, ending with the VP of Product.

My interview with the VP was unceremoniously terminated the moment she established I had no degree. Apparently HP don't screen candidates very well and their exec staff aren't particularly well mannered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Applied for a position at HP Software and got an email from a recruiter that same evening to set up a phone screen. Then on site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online + sent my resume to recruiter ; Was asked to meet with an Interview Panel consisting of 4 1:1 interviews.
    First Interview was with the Hiring Manager - unfortunately he was running bit late & he also did not want to conduct the interview in the room originally allocated - so we spent sometime looking for an open conference room. (all this reducing the time for the interview)
    The actual who described the role & highlighted the top 3 priorities for the role. He said at the top of the interview finding a candidate with all 3 aspects was next to impossible - so he was willing to consider a candidate with strong fundamentals in at least 2 of the 3 of his criteria. The interview was cordial and I'm sure I did fumble couple of times especially while focusing on 2nd (of the top 3) subjects
    Unfortunately, our interview came to an abrupt end when the next interviewer (director) was already waiting in originally scheduled room.
    The next 3 interviewers were cordial, gave me good insight into what the role, expectations for first the 3 quarters & general road-map for the product.
    After the last interview I wanted to reconnect with the Hiring Manager but was told that he would contact me later.
    I did send thank-you notes to the interview panel.

Waited 3 days for feedback on the interview, then contacted the recruiter - after that I received a fairly detail email explaining why they had to pass me over - the reasoning was that they felt that my experience with 2nd topic (of the 3 priorities) was peripheral and they are looking someone with more specific experience,

All in all a decent interview experience - wish I was more convincing on the 2nd topic while interviewing with the Hiring Manager.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

The process for me went relatively quickly -- interview with the hiring manager -- then an interview with a future peer over dinner. The interview itself was behavioral as well as going through why I wanted to work for HP. I was coming from an adjacent industry, so the hiring manager asked me questions relating to the work I would be doing. I clicked with the hiring manager, so the interview was an easy experience.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in March 2011.

Interview

I had worked for HP for two years and was coming back so I was a known entity. The interview process was brief but consisted of 1:1 interviews that focused on personality and fit in the organization and on experience and accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• What is your top accomplishment in your career and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, there was a negotiation and I would encourage everyone to have a goal of what they want to make and try their best to get to that. Raises don't usually get you much so do your best now to get what you want.