Hewlett-Packard Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hewlett-Packard Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

After the initial phone interview, I had the onsite interview. It went well but still didn't get the offer.
Interview questions are from basic java concepts and basic algorithm questions which are do-able.
Many questions are from threads and multi-threaded environment.
But took a long time to let me know about their decision.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Easy, friendly. They put me completely at ease which enabled me to think clearly, and answer accurately. This is one of the biggest flaws at most interviews, where the process becomes an inquisition. Not so here. It was more a conversational style.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Interview

Process seems a bit disorganized. I apply via job board site. HP recruiter sees it can calls me, telling me to apply again via HP's site. Some usually back-and-forth from there, including screen. After screen, I receive an email that the position is closed BUT current interviews in progress will continue. Then I have phone interview, which went very well, but have heard nothing since. Drawn out and a bit disorganized process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. More a discussion of work and experience on prior projects.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. One telephonic and two face to face interviews. Interview process was very smooth. Last round interviews was HR one. Entire process took three weeks. Technical interviews were very standard. They focused on data structures and algorithms a lot.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The Interview process was very hard and interviewers were harsh

Interview Questions

• 1. 3 Million users are in the network. Every 5 secs latitude and longtitude updates.Find out the 5 closest users.
      2. Implement a linked list in java
      3. In tomcat how many threads can be set at a time.
      4. Public Class A{
      Private String user;
      Private String Password;
      Public Boolean equals(Obj O){
      // write code for this method
      }
      }
      5. Sequence diagram for gas pump station
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Phone screen was java questions more focused on Java garbage collection and Java multi threading , semaphores.
    On site interview was for 3 hours.
    Questions:
    Have a large file with a number on each line ,some duplicates. How do you find the duplicates
    implement a queue with 2 stacks
    Singleton implementation

Interview Questions

• Steps to resolve memory related issues when there is not much information from the logs   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They asked Fibonacci sequence. Use different ways to code.

Interview Questions

• They asked Fibonacci sequence. Use different ways to code.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Most lengthy interview process I have ever had. First talked to HR and then got a list of technical questions via email. After submitting my answers, I had six 45-min remote interview sessions (all technical and writing code on computer). Then met management team (including manager, director, VP and CTO) on site. VP and CTO also gave technical interviews including coding.

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the details of the questions but some of them are java related, multi-threading, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied on their company website. Got a call from HR within a week.

Had a phone interview with hiring manager and later called me in for on-site interview. Very well organized.

Interview Questions

• Step 1: Phone interview with hiring manager
      Questions related to core java & multi-threading

Step 2: On-site interview with 4 team members
      Questions related to my previous work experience, hiberante, Http, database table design, data structures(stacks & queue), algorithms (how to find if a given single list is circular or not), questions on java reflection etc

Step3 : phone interview with director
      Lots of behavioral questions and questions related to their products such as What do you know about the products, how can you improve them, challenges faced in previous jobs, passionate about which technologies etc.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied directly to the HP career website, and was invited for an interview within a couple of days. There was an initial phone screen by the HR/administrative assistant who asked me general questions as well as my visa status. The on-site interview took place just a couple of days later. Each interviewer spent 30 minutes with me, and the entire interview was completed in a single afternoon. The hiring manager and various members of the team asked me both general questions as well as technical questions related to the position.

Interview Questions

• Competence in C/C++ programming and basic data structures. Also, what I worked on for my current company.   Answer Question